What's new
What's new

Centec 2B Restoration

Wozar

Plastic
Hi all,

I am restoring a Centec 2B mill and I am looking for information on the long axis feed mechanism.

An assembly drawing and parts list is what I am looking for, does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I am restoring the feed mechanism but there seems to be something missing from the long feed gearbox.

I have attached some photos to see if anyone can tell me what is missing.

Feed Mechanism.jpg

Centec 2B Feed mechanism - Album on Imgur

I am restoring the feed mechanism but there seems to be something missing from the long feed gearbox.

I THINK you are already aware that a shaft with a worm to drive that wormwheel cometh through the hole, lower right quadrant, "back" wall of the casting. With a bearing? And a mating bearing, front cover?

It has to enter the gearbox to do its job, but might be removable to the rear and part of the other assembly that puts the power into it?

That's just "engineering-obvious". I've otherwise never seen a Centec mill.

Given you do have it, any OTHER bits missing should become obvious for lack of a task being completed in much the same manner?

Thanks everyone - The manuals have everything except the feed mechanism diagram.

I can see that something is missing, my best guess is a couple of bearings but I thought someone out there might have one they could check for me.

I will keep at it and see if I can work it out.

Thanks everyone - The manuals have everything except the feed mechanism diagram.

I can see that something is missing, my best guess is a couple of bearings but I thought someone out there might have one they could check for me.

Grab your photo and point out where you think a couple bearings are missing.

You do have the cover and the motor, with worm gear, yeah?

Photo of mine attached

Compared to the drawing, it looks as if you have the ‘changeable’ gears the wrong way round e.g. small and large reversed. I am using a faster gear ratio with ‘your’ gears in the storage segment. Hope this helps. Cant seem to get the photo any bigger (new to forums)

27EF2E20-9B83-4C50-8309-81C7483A37C1.jpgF2FECF0E-BA99-427D-9CC4-769E1F0B667F.jpg

Compared to the drawing, it looks as if you have the ‘changeable’ gears the wrong way round e.g. small and large reversed. I am using a faster gear ratio with ‘your’ gears in the storage segment. Hope this helps. Cant seem to get the photo any bigger (new to forums)

View attachment 320191View attachment 320192

I know it's been a while, maybe the OP is long gone, but the feed gears are reversible, to provide a range of feeds.

They are on fixed centers, so the tooth counts are set up so one pair of gears provides two ratios, or feed rates, depending on how mounted, so the smallest/largest pair provides the fastest and slowest feeds, depending on which studs they are mounted on.

The normal loadout is two pairs of gears. The ones not in use, fit in the space shown at the bottom of the diagram posted, inside the removable cover. The Largest/smallest pair can be seen so stored in the photo.

The end cover is held on by thumb screws, and has two bosses in the casting that have bronze bushes in them for the shafts to run on. These also serve to keep the feed gears in position.

maybe the OP is long gone

You could say not especially active. Two posts - last on 4/29/21

As to what is gone - or at least not in his photo -, link in post #3 shows motor 1/8 HP - which has a worm on its out put shaft. The motor could be had in single or three phase.

All that stuff for four whole feeds

You could say not especially active. Two posts - last on 4/29/21

As to what is gone - or at least not in his photo -, link in post #3 shows motor 1/8 HP - which has a worm on its out put shaft. The motor could be had in single or three phase.

All that stuff for four whole feeds

Yep. Still beats hells outta cranking it!

Back