What's new
What's new

Churchill redman made monarch clone?

I was at a dealer in Philadelphia, PA USA. Reputable dealer with nice machinery all used under power so they could be tested. He had the Churchill and told me it was made in England under license from Monarch. Price more that I could afford at the time being the machine was like new.I did have a few Monarchs at the time any your right it looks very much like a Monarch.

I worked on a few " Churchill-Redman"s " over the years but that one doesn't ring a bell. I see it has the American " burn the back of your left hand " position for the long travel hand wheel.

Reads Tyrone.

Thats what initially caught my eye, an English lathe with the steering wheel on the wrong side!

Axelson made lathes in that same style, but the Churchill's carriage looks more "Monarch". Could the O.P. possibly post more pics of the lathe?

JH

I worked on a few " Churchill-Redman"s " over the years but that one doesn't ring a bell. I see it has the American " burn the back of your left hand " position for the long travel hand wheel.

Reads Tyrone.

Not really. You'd expect a septic to cheat?

Chips were being made, we were standing back out of range watching for the most of the time, surfacing system not much bothered by hot chips.

Our only "burn" risk the unfiltered Camel cigarette going short enough to add to the orange scars 'tween the fingers.

Then some anti-Union bastards went and upped the power and spindle RPM, brought in carbides.. and we had to go over to snuff or a chaw of tobacco - no longer time for pipes or fags.

:D

Besides... point of pride to set yer 4-way and grind yer HSS so it threw chip where it did NOT make a bare left arm look poxed.

That part is not a joke.

I did say "cheat"?

Back