What's new
What's new

Cochrane & Bly Co No 2 Die Filer Pictures Video and Questions.

Die Een

Plastic
Hello Every one First post and could use some help in addressing a few things with this machine.

1) Files: What was the original arrangement for holding files. The top clamp is 3/8" round and the bottom clamp is 1/2" round with about 9" between them ( there is about 1/2" of length adjustment.What would the best files for this machine be. I have read that using the wrong file is potentially disastrous.

2) Any suggestions on the motor (setup, size speed). I would like it to not be mounted to the machine Ideally. Currently it has a 115v 1 Hp 1725 rpm motor on it.
Also VFD?

3) Current pulley set is 3" on motor to an 8" on the same shaft is a 5.5" pulley finally going back to an 8". Is there an online calculator to help calc the final out put.

4) Any body have any other photos of some of missing parts. I would like to measure or scan any existing parts out there that were original to my machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried using this sites upload manager and all my pics come in flipped 90 deg. so here is a link to the pics.

imgur: No2

And Video of it running.

YouTube

This is the what the vintage machinery website has as far as documentation.

Cochrane-Bly Co. - 1907 Ads-Cochrane-Bly Co., Filing Machines & Metal Saws | VintageMachinery.org

Many more questions

Thanks in advance for any advice information or help.

Last edited:

Back