Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks. There is heavy and then serious then hyper huge machines.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, dang dingos and such critters and miles away. The other side of the planet to me but the machines stand. I think you may hate this because it has been said too often. I believe his name is Rolfe Harris.
    I should know that because we had the entire LP album and listened to it frequently.
    There were things like "In the wet" and "tie me kangaroos down boys". Mr Nic Ateen and Al Cohol was a warning even then. The warning we didn't see or remember was outstanding service and loss during all these wars. You can't find many in National Cemetery but they lost their lives to be teeth in the heavy gear to defeat the enemy. Anyone who goes to Australia should visit the graves with respect. Many, many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh FFS, he we go again, It must be Saturday night - ratassed or stoned again!

4. Likes mllud22 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem is; I really like you. I've been following your posts and advise for years. "ratassed or stoned again" doesn't quite fit. It is all I can do to answer with limited ability. If you were to see my hands and the latest fracture, you may know that. I'm thinking about mortality and reverence at some point because I'm closer to it. If I admire the Heroes,who gave so much, so be it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All I can say is it's meant in good humour and with no malice, ……..for in my time I have posted some right crap, and got the (rightly deserved) shit back for it.

Sorry to hear about your medical problems, but there are an awful lot of PMers in the same or similar boat, so if it's any comfort, you are not alone.

P.S. That's 2 smileys cos I feel like it.

7. Likes Billtodd liked this post
    Colchester UK (where the lathes used to be made)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hows your recovery going Sam?

fwiw I've been plagued with kidney stone for the last month . damn thing does not want to go quietly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Billtodd View Post
    hows your recovery going Sam?

fwiw I've been plagued with kidney stone for the last month . damn thing does not want to go quietly!
    Pretty good thanks Bill, while it's not as good as it was (many aspects of my health have long been problematic so it probably wasn't that special ) nor never will be, ......….it's not as bad as I feared ;- I'm coping okay

I've dodged that bullet (so far) but I've heard kidney stones can be very painful, hang in there mate …………………………..machinists solution coming up - if ultra sound doesn't work, a 4lb lump hammer & 18'' chisel's never failed.
    Last edited by Limy Sami; 06-03-2019 at 01:45 AM. Reason: pyto

10. Likes Billtodd liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I may recount an experience with kidney stones: I didn't even know about them. I didn't know what was happening. Eventually I launched out of bed onto the floor trying to find some position to ease the pain. Sweating, turning colors. I got a ride towards the hospital but after the first red light, I was on the back floor of the car. He called 911 or equivalent and the Rescue Squad came and took me to the ER. They were blasting through all the red lights. I was given certain IVs but don't remember what they were, sedation mostly. I was in the hospital some days and if I could pee, it was through a certain type cup with a filter. That filter was to be examined to determine what crystals were tearing me up. I never found that out because one of staff just poured the samples down the toilet and went out the door. I passed something and got better. I liken the experience to the first "Alien" movie where the creature bursts out.
    Terrible and dear Sam, I hope you are done with that.

12. Likes Billtodd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by alum100k View Post
    If I may recount an experience with kidney stones: I didn't even know about them. I didn't know what was happening. Eventually I launched out of bed onto the floor trying to find some position to ease the pain. Sweating, turning colors. I got a ride towards the hospital but after the first red light, I was on the back floor of the car. He called 911 or equivalent and the Rescue Squad came and took me to the ER. They were blasting through all the red lights. I was given certain IVs but don't remember what they were, sedation mostly. I was in the hospital some days and if I could pee, it was through a certain type cup with a filter. That filter was to be examined to determine what crystals were tearing me up. I never found that out because one of staff just poured the samples down the toilet and went out the door. I passed something and got better. I liken the experience to the first "Alien" movie where the creature bursts out.
    Terrible and dear Sam, I hope you are done with that.
    A friend of mine had similar problems although not as bad as you. He said the pain was unbeliveable.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Replies become out of sequence sometimes. I wanted to wish fine recovery and the reason for the stones. Billtodd is dealing with that now but I think it has been determined what type of stone it is and way to rid the body of the build up.I advance to hope this all clears away.

Colchester UK (where the lathes used to be made)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

kidney stone ain't fun...

Initially, i thought I'd just pulled a muscle, but the pain increased to the point where I was on the floor hoping to pass out. Dialed 999 eventually ambulance arrived but paramedics diagnosis was AAA (anterior aortic aneurysm) . the young driver thought I was going to die on her watch and drove like a bat out of hell to A&E ( i was i too much pain to care) . By the time we got there the stone had been shaken loose and I was starting to feel better. A CT scan confirmed the 4mm stone was enroute to my bladder so urologist (an American doctor) was happy to let me go with just pain relief.

The week before last was back in A&E (ambulatory this time) with another attack that eventually eased .then the following day I had another shirt duration one and now I feel fine (have another appointment with urology tomorrow)

BTW Americans, get yourselves a single payer health care system , total cost to me so far is £4.50 for the outrageous carparking at the hospital. At no point have I ever had to worry about paying for treatment. We pay less than half the cost per head for our NHS than you do for your ripoff private insurance (In truth we would be better off paying a liitle more to bring us inline with Germany and France). Yes we pay in taxes but ,because we all pay, the umbrella is bigger .

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

First! Glad you are okay. We can't talk health insurance because it is all screwed differently between Continents. You have your issues and I expect anger and we have similar but it isn't the same. I try to watch a movie and there is 5 minutes of health insurance stuff. The movie is shot and forget about "Wagon Train" Wagon Train and Death valley are things which I don't expect are of much interest. If they weren't all carved to pieces, They actually made sense. It's a deal like ... can't go there but we were, you were and in the end graveyARDS.
    uMBRELLA don't make it ( sorry my wrist is swollen again and painful) To receive an overload of migrants, you know, oh i have to go away