Compendium of ALL known screw threads...
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Compendium of ALL known screw threads...

...was shown previously at http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...com/thread.xls

I have referenced this a couple of times on the board in various queries, as did Engine Bill.

Alas though - Google seemingly have "Not Found" the link.

Does anyone have a hard copy of this site they could scan and post, or know of similar or the same found on the Web?

The listing was remarkable in that it showed both English and Metric threads in increasing sizes both diameter and TPI starting with very small and going all the way up to LARGE. Including description of both Metric and English in "the other system."

Very useful when trying to "cross connect" between systems.

I'm currently trying to source a tap/die for a Disston pre-1880 back saw brass screw - the ones which hold the handle to the blade.

It may become a matter to "re-thread nut and cut a screw" to adapt a modern thread to the purpose - but it sure would be nice to have that chart to dial in mentally on what is close.

Plus the chart is of value in description of "Number Machine Screws" of the 19th century - which extends quite a bit beyond the now unusual 12-24 - of which I have a couple of machines made to that obsolete standard.

The table may be connected to About the Thread Data Spreadsheet | Inventor 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network but so far I'm not seeing the actual download.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe in NH

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I downloaded a fantastic thread chart in 2005 and put it in Excel so I can sort on diameter, pitch, standard, etc. It has both inch and metric dimensions and lots of old and strange standards, but not every one ever made. There are over 500 different threads on the list. I can email the file, but can't append the file to this post.

Here is my credit note to remind me where the list came from. But I have to warn the freeserve.co.UK website is no longer in existence, so the original HTML source is gone, along with Mr. Wright's email address. Josef T. Burger may still be available to help at: [email protected] .

Credits
    Transferred to Excel by Larry L. Vanice 2Nov05
    This HTML version by Bolo -- Josef T. Burger
    The Original HTML version
    Original compilation by Andy Pugh of Bodgesoc Industries, Sheffield, UK
    Additions and layout by Ian W. Wright, Sheffield, UK
    Original Last Updated on 18/07/00 By Ian W. Wright Email: [email protected]

Larry

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here's one I downloaded quite a few years ago. Possibly from the original metalworker's drop box or via Chris Heaphy's web site:-

https://www.test-net.com/thread.txt

4. Likes Scottl, Jim Christie, franco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in NH View Post

The table may be connected to About the Thread Data Spreadsheet | Inventor 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network but so far I'm not seeing the actual download.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe in NH
    Apparently the spreadsheet is in the Design Data folder if you have installed Inventor 2019.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Apparently the spreadsheet is in the Design Data folder if you have installed Inventor 2019.
    Yes, they apparently give instructions on a web-site for proprietary program. Possibly the reason it disappeared from Google - they want you to BUY the information and not short-cut it by taking someone's unauthorized upload to Webcache (which, IIRC, no longer exists?)

Joe in NH

Edit: Mark Rand's Link above seems to have all the pertinent information. One imagines this a "recreation" (possibly cut & paste) of the earlier link I cited. Mark's link even ends with "thread.txt" which is as it is in the Webcache address.

Certainly what I need for the re-building of this back saw which seems to have a thread about ASME No. 10 but 20TPI (!) Very definitely an "oddball.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe in NH; 11-25-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Here's one I downloaded quite a few years ago. Possibly from the original metalworker's drop box or via Chris Heaphy's web site:-

Mark, Thanks for that.
    I did a "Select All" "Copy" and "Paste" into Excel.
    Just need a few 'rules' to get it sorted by type of thread, ASME, BSF, UNC,.......
    John

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in NH View Post
    Edit: Mark Rand's Link above seems to have all the pertinent information. One imagines this a "recreation" (possibly cut & paste) of the earlier link I cited. Mark's link even ends with "thread.txt" which is as it is in the Webcache address.
    Joe
    It could well be the original, which Autodesk then 'borrowed'

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post

That chart will come in handy the next time I am cutting Loewenhertz threads. The chart was a bit to big to paste on the lathe, so I memorized it.

Seriously, there is a lot that is of interest in that chart. Thanks, Mark.

-Marty-

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've used it regularly since I first downloaded it. There are a few threads that it doesn't have but it's my first resource when trying to work out what thread I need, or which one I've got.