What's new
What's new

Compound Tool Rest

tiggi

Plastic
Hi all,

I have an older compound tool rest with a base that I am not sure of origin. It looks like a South Bend maybe 13" or larger but not positive. Can someone help me get positive ID on it. thanks
IMAG0032.jpgIMAG0033.jpgIMAG0034.jpgIMAG0035.jpg

And definitely not a SB. That acorn nut holding the ballcrank on was never SB style. They did use fancy nuts at one time, but never acorn nuts.

Thanks a lot guys. I got it when I purchased a SB heavy 10. The guy had few SB 13" parts that came along so I assumed it was SB. Hopefully I can find someone who needs it.

Although already been said, it's not for a 13. One of the major differences is that it uses top bolts to hold it onto the cross slide, not a circular dovetail with screw plungers like most SB's.

SB used a circular t-slot with two t-bolts on their lathes into the 1930s. But, they did not use that knurled locking ring for the dial. This came from a lathe a step up from SB.

allan

Hi all,

I have an older compound tool rest with a base that I am not sure of origin. It looks like a South Bend maybe 13" or larger but not positive. Can someone help me get positive ID on it. thanks
View attachment 165679View attachment 165680View attachment 165681View attachment 165682

DUDE!!! lol, I just bought a Regal 13 with no compound rest, only cross saddle. Sure looks like my part. Id love to see that you still had it 4 years later.

Lemme know please.... chris

Looks quite a bit like what I have on my Hendey lathes, angle graduations are in the same location but Hendey handle is different. I have a later model, later today I'll check the handle and dimensions.

Back