What's new
What's new

Craftsman Drill Press info. and parts needed

alsfarms

Aluminum
I have not been here in a while. In the past I received much help on a 16" geared head Lodge and Shipley lathe. I now have an antique, probably 1930's or 40's, Craftsman Drill press. It is in the Model series of 101.03661-2 or .03682. I need a couple of quill pieces and a top cover to make it complete and operational. I will try to post a picture of two. Does anyone here have a parts machine?
Al

Ok, I went out to the storage facility to get a bit more information on, what I thought was a Craftsman floor model Drill press. To my surprise, the electric drive motor is branded as Craftsman but the actual drill press is a Delta Rockwell Serial number 8C-8866. I could see no other marks or Model Numbers, excepting the electric drive motor which, as stated, is branded Craftsman. I wonder if the Craftsman 101.03661 might also have been built by Delta and branded as Craftsman as they look very similar. Does anyone have information that will help me out? Upon closer inspection, it appears that about the only thing I may need is a new quill recoil/lift spring, plus cleaning and lubrication to return to service.
Al

I did a quick "scrounge" of the internet and have absolutely determined that the drill press in question is a Model DP 220 Delta.
Al

I did a quick "scrounge" of the internet and have absolutely determined that the drill press in question is a Model DP 220 Delta.
Al
Now would be a good time to start a new thread with the correct machine ID. The original brand name in the title will only lead to troublesome comments.

Larry

Back