What's new
What's new

cream puff lathe on e-bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have mentioned before, I had the dubious distinction of running one of these new out of the box.

Usual POS - that felt gritty when turning anything that was intended to be turned by hand.

A toy "lathe" made as cheaply as was humanly possible for occasional use by not very critical "machinists".

You could say this was the prototype for all the amazing crap recently produced off shore. Clearly, this is where they got their ideas of quality.

J.O.

As I have mentioned before, I had the dubious distinction of running one of these new out of the box.

Usual POS - that felt gritty when turning anything that was intended to be turned by hand.

A toy "lathe" made as cheaply as was humanly possible for occasional use by not very critical "machinists".

You could say this was the prototype for all the amazing crap recently produced off shore. Clearly, this is where they got their ideas of quality.

J.O.
Yep... would be best to lock this thread...in the Classified Forum I wrote no discussions of anything Craftsman or Atlas anywhere on PM.

When I saw Wipppin' Boys post I was hoping for another early triangular bed lathe.... this time in mintier condition!.... I still think of how he found mine..... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back