What's new
What's new

Danish machine company "ASIA" planer

snapatap

Aluminum
I bought this planer on the weekend. It has a 6'X21" table. It came from an engine reconditioning shop that bought it from a scrap dealer in the 1980's and put a milling head on it. They used it for decking blocks and grinding flywheels on a home made rotary table. It appears to be in reasonable condition, and still has the rack drive for the table but is missing the reversing mechanism.
IMG_1359.jpgIMG_1360.jpgIMG_1361.jpg
Have any of you heard of the Danish machine company? or seen one of these planers before? Any info would be great.
My plan is to set it up so that i can use it as a planer,mill or grinder. Not sure what i will do with the table drive, might drive it with a hydraulic motor.

Danish Machine Company was well known for their very sturdy precision lathes, but I've never heard that they ever made a planer.

Looking at your pictures, I suspect you have a Frankenplaner using a lathe bed from Danish Machine Company, and a cross rail from somewhere completely different.

Benta.

Danish Machine Company was well known for their very sturdy precision lathes, but I've never heard that they ever made a planer.

Looking at your pictures, I suspect you have a Frankenplaner using a lathe bed from Danish Machine Company, and a cross rail from somewhere completely different.

Benta.

Never seen a lathe bed with inverted vee ways, an overly deep cross section, and cast-in bosses to mount planer uprights to...

Andy

Benta.

It defiantly isn't a frankenplaner. the vertical columns are cast as part of the bed.

A working Danish Machine Company lathe, model Ohio, is on display at Frilandsmuseet (Museum of traditional village life) at Lyngby (northern part of Copenhagen) if you happen to go there in summer.
fusker

Back