Delusion du jour- jumble of 1917 SB stuff for - only - $34k

kd1yt

Cast Iron
For your disbelief, even PT Barnum would choke on the audacity of this:

Attachments

• Delusion du jour- jumble of 1917 SB stuff for - only - $34k.jpg
    Delusion du jour- jumble of 1917 SB stuff for - only - $34k.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 342
Well, it says “for charity”, does not say what that charity is. Then, a long, rambling rant about how wonderful the machine is to see running, BUT clear that they did not want to include the line-shaft, bearings, and pulley are (enthusiastically) NOT included because:
“ The Lineshaft, Bearing's and Pully are Not Included! Money comes and goes! But Cherished Memories and 100 year old Lineshaft's are almost Priceless and Forever.”
Also not included are the Clausing, Monarch, Leblond, or Hardinge.
.. That is some delusional, crazy sh@@.

Wow. I have to watch it, just to see what the hell is going on.
Wow.

Bernie

That has *got* to be a troll. (the Ebay listing)
There's just too many keywords stuck into it that're clearly designed to get PM'ers goats.
The only thing he didn't do was talk about now nice the legs would look as part of a dining room table or something.
Don't know what the point of it is, but I'm betting it's a troll.

Weird
-Brian

There is an add on telly here..guy is having a yard sale......70s Volvo pulls up,the wife shrieks"they re hipsters ,quick".....and they turn over all the price cards and write new prices in hundreds of dollars......the hipsters buy all the old tat for heaps after the guy tells them he was in a 70s band.

This is what you do when your wife says "sell it" and you don't want to. You price it high and then later on tell the wife "I tried". There's a Galk mill near me that's been for sale for years now on CL. The price he's set, he probably doesn't really want to sell it.

It's frustrating how many people don't understand the difference between value and market-value. It doesn't matter what you think something is worth, if no-one in the world is going to fork up the cash, it WILL NOT SELL. I can totally understand starting high and tapering your price tag back over time, but it still has to be realistic.

Would you pay $50k for a pile of rusty bits that was once an old motorbike..... Or$200k for a few bits of a 1927 Bentley?...and another million to have it professionally recreated?..Someone does.

Back