What's new
What's new

A different take on shop photos

Very fun! Would be nice to have the "model" pix next to it.

28304272.jpg

Joe in NH

Different strokes for different folks. I spent 10 minutes on the linked Web site and thought the photos (many more than just the garage series) brilliant. Thanks, Bill, for the post.

As for side by side comparisons - pretty sure a lot of the garage-hero photos don't have a Renaissance painting twin. Rather, they're done with the similar lighting, tone, perspective, general composition, feel, even hairstyle etc. For example, not enough mechanics in the Last Supper look alike, but it sure captures the mood.

Different strokes for different folks. I spent 10 minutes on the linked Web site and thought the photos brilliant. Thanks, Bill, for the post.

As for side by side comparisons - pretty sure a lot of the garage-hero photos don't have a Renaissance painting twin. Rather, they're done with the similar lighting, tone, perspective, general composition, feel, even hairstyle etc. For example, not enough mechanics in the Last Supper look alike, but it sure captures the mood.

I think that last one is after a Rembrandt that has "The anatomy lesson" in the title.

Yes, here: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp - Wikipedia

I agree, this is brilliant, for a lot of reasons.

David

Pretty good. The guy leaning on the welding tanks is wearing a McDonnell Douglas Aircraft jacket.
Great photography !

Fixed it for ya.

I cant Imagine Any Machinest wanting to see a bunch of dudes in gay poses in there machine shop.

Must be in the mind's eye? I . . . . see . . . . .gay . . . . people?

Back when the original paintings were done, getting in one of these paintings was the ultimate selfie for rich dudes. Sometimes they slipped their wives or mistresses into the picture.

Care to speculate on the family life of Rosie the Riveter while you're at it?

Back