Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Dundeeshopnut!
    I am also a Hendey nut ( I have 2 Hendey T&G lathes)
    I live in Kemptville just south of Ottawa.

I am about to launch into cutting some change gears for my T&G. I have a small hobber to cut the ones up to about 3" diameter, and will be cutting the rest on my milling machine.

Gotta go supper is ready ;-))

Peter

2. Likes dundeeshopnut liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shapeaholic View Post
    Hello Dundeeshopnut!
    I am also a Hendey nut ( I have 2 Hendey T&G lathes)
    I live in Kemptville just south of Ottawa.

I am about to launch into cutting some change gears for my T&G. I have a small hobber to cut the ones up to about 3" diameter, and will be cutting the rest on my milling machine.

Gotta go supper is ready ;-))

Peter
    Kempville! Been there too, years ago. Heard it's all grown up now. Shame about the college. Nice to see you still using the correct name for meals. [Dinner is in the middle of the day]

4. Likes shapeaholic liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those following and thought this was yet another thread with a dead end, well no. I hate reading those too! Finally got all my gears from Hendeyman a month or so ago but cropping in back to back heat waves left me a dead man walking by the end of the day, even though the shop has AC! Last night got my half nuts fitted and tonight hopefully will be able to finally assemble the quick change gear box, with gears having mostly all their own teeth! WOOHOO. Maybe even pics!

6. Likes pavt, Jim Christie liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is a sight I've wanted to see for a long time!!001.jpg004.jpg Makes me almost want to put a window in the bottom of the tool tray that covers them all up. Tried unsuccessfully to make the [flat]detent spring that holds the leadscrew in gear but couldn't get the right tension and "feel". So made this instead.005.jpg Fully adjustable for tension and position. Now the mechanism works smooth and snaps into neutral like a new 117 year old Hendey should. Spent half an hour last night "runnin her through the gears" and watching the carriage MOVE under it's OWN power for the first time in at least 40 years. 001.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 006.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That Lathe looks beautiful - I have a 1914 14x6 - Primary difference is mine didn't come with the overhead transmission or a chip pan. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the cleanup and repainting of the base - so far its primed. Also going for red - hoping the Rustoleum red enamel looks close to what you came up with. They really are quite beautiful machines considering how absolutely functional they are.

9. Likes dundeeshopnut liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by riftware View Post
    That Lathe looks beautiful - I have a 1914 14x6 - Primary difference is mine didn't come with the overhead transmission or a chip pan. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the cleanup and repainting of the base - so far its primed. Also going for red - hoping the Rustoleum red enamel looks close to what you came up with. They really are quite beautiful machines considering how absolutely functional they are.
    Don't know if I mentioned it but I used CaseIH New Holland red. Available in gallons, quarts and spray bombs. Not as bright, especially when it gets a little age and oil on it. Do yourself a favor and use a quality acrylic or urethane enamel WITH it's hardener. Nothing against Rusteoleum, I use it often, but the former is way tougher for a machine where you might want to wipe it down and clean off abrasive swarf and oil occasionally.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Main issue is I already purchased the rustoleum.. where do you get the kind you used and the hardener for it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Quebec
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any New Holland [should have it in stock], Case Construction or CaseIH dealer should be able to order it for you since they are all are owned by the same parents.