What's new
What's new

F/S. Rockford Economy Lathe

jljim

Cast Iron
14x36 Rockford Economy Lathe. Flat belt driven with a Drive All 4 speed conversion. 3 jaw chuck, missing the jaws, grease zerks where the oil cups should be. Spindle bearings seem tight, ways are pretty good, cross slide screw backlash isn't too bad. Has a steady rest and faceplate, lantern style tool post. The only thing I know that's bad is the back gear needs some dental work, a couple broken teeth. Heavy layer of oily grime covers the whole machine, I've had it stored for nearly 10 years. It had a twin brother with a little more swing over the ways, cut into pieces before I got there...250.00 loaded on your trailor ?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hi Jim, you are right, yes it is a long way, I am working on a plan now. I really don’t think you would still had it. I actually am in the process of restoring the model before this one, putting it in the 1907-1920 range from what I can find. When I got this one, I thought it was the one you have. Bought mine in an auction from bad photos in a dimly lit barn. Working on that plan, let you know when I have it. Thanks Craig

Serial Number May Help in Determining the Model

Please post the Serial Number. It might aid in determining whether or not parts from this lathe will match the intended recipient lathe.

If it doesn't match Pearsoncrprj's lathe, then posting the serial number may make it more appealing to someone else.

John Ruth

As requested the serial # H. 1404 Someone mentioned to me that the H might be the inspector's stamp ? My serial number book only goes back to 1940, this number dosen't look anything like the 40's and up. There is some nice information and pictures on Tony's web site for Rockford lathes of this vintage. Jim

Back