What's new
What's new

Face Plates at HGR

Froneck

Titanium
Few Face Plates at HGR Last chance, you can probably make an offer of 10 to 30% off price listed. #1 make a good work table, #2 & #4 are L0 or L1 maybe L2 Others are available but these are cheapest being Last Chance
HGR1.jpgHGR2.JPGHGR3.jpgHGR4.jpgHGR5.jpg

(1) Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

(2)Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

(3)Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

(4)Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

(5) Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

I have saved 5 of these bruts for 50 years ... when we bought the old rail road shop and have never found a use for them...Phil

Ship them across the country now and then, and you can at least go to yer grave knowing you made a major contribution to some poor LTL trucker eating reg'lar-like!

Even at "free" and frozen fish dinner included, I don' wanna freight 250-350 lbs avoir just for the Halibut.

They don't eat hay or have a vet bill..... Kind of like man hole covers...

I have several face plates I've bought from HGR in the past few years. Never know when you will need one.

They don't eat hay or have a vet bill..... Kind of like man hole covers...

I have several face plates I've bought from HGR in the past few years. Never know when you will need one.

If it's "manhole covers" you like to hoard?

A stash from Victoria's Secret might take up less space and even come with nicer fringe benefits?

Mind.. Cast Iron is less expensive. .speaking of eating and "vet" bills...air fare.. golf clubs.. motorcars...

DAMHIKT.

Soooo Just what are you hiding down there?

Per our guide, the 900-odd manhole covers as go missing in Beijing - every YEAR - are not ALL sold for their scrap Iron value. Some are now and then found as machined for the cooking surface at "Mongolian Type BBQ grill" eateries.

4GSR ever cadges enough cheap welding rod to deal with those dam' leaky-ass tee-slots....

:D

Ha, glad this came up. I need a heavier duty grate for a garage crock. The standard cast iron ones keep breaking in a certain application. This saves me plenty of time from drilling out holes in a 20lb weight. Perfect!
Thanks Z.

I know the Face Plate is not the most popular attachment for a lathe. I have 6 lathes yet 3 face plates. The 3 I have are in the range so that at least one will fit. Probably have to clean the cob webs off them prior to use but they do come in handy from time to time especially in a maintenance shop. 2 of the 3 I got from HGR really cheap!:drool5:

I once bought a large faceplate from a scrapyard for about 10 cents a pound. I don't remember its diameter but it fit on a lathe with an L-9 spindle nose. I'm pretty sure it was between 3 and 4 feet across and about 4" thick. I also got a huge NOS Timken bearing (about 10" in diameter) and planned to bore out the faceplate's hub for the bearing and post mount it for a rotating welding table.

It was very cool looking, but I never made my table. Sold it to a guy who was even crazier than I was.

I don't know the demand for steam punk.....

Could make legs for them add a decorative glass top and sell them as steam punk or distressed industrial.......build a lamp mount it to it, done..

A friend of mine, who sell motorcycle parts, welded a bunch of transmission gears together, made a base, purchased a light assembly made a steam punk lamp or two......sold it for good money.

I once bought a large faceplate from a scrapyard for about 10 cents a pound. I don't remember its diameter but it fit on a lathe with an L-9 spindle nose. I'm pretty sure it was between 3 and 4 feet across and about 4" thick. I also got a huge NOS Timken bearing (about 10" in diameter) and planned to bore out the faceplate's hub for the bearing and post mount it for a rotating welding table.

It was very cool looking, but I never made my table. Sold it to a guy who was even crazier than I was.

I kept a 28" diameter one off of a Smith-Drum lathe to do something similar.

So far it hasn't happened. One day maybe. Or I might make a mount for it to fit to the Kearns HBM.

PDW

Back