What's new
What's new

Fenian Gun Company, Ireland 1968

Interesting story and some footage of old machines at work.

https://youtu.be/KHVaglXg3XI

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting. Would have figured Great Britain was a dominant firearm manufacturer and that Ireland, considering the "unpleasantries" going on at the time am wondering if subsidizing a firearm manufacture was poking the bear-England-with a stick so to speak.

The shotgun appears to be very similar to the Marlin Model 90 which was and entry level-over under shotgun.

Interesting film.

Its a pretty crap gun ....he says it sells for 50 quid ,quite a bit in 1968.....probably the price of a Model 70 at that time.....Id be very surprised if many were sold before the business folded.

On the Irish model ,seen in the video ,the barrels are soft soldered into the lump......so I assume every hundred shots or so,you have to chase after a barrel.

"Soft soldered"? I must have missed that, but it does not seem reasonable, although the total length of joint, and a fairly snug fit would make it pretty strong even if true.

There are grades of soft solder, just as with silver solder (which would be fine). Although, I seem to recall some English guns with the two barrels soft soldered together. Something about being able to separate them without disturbing other parts.

Well I married into an entire clan of mulligans so I have that cross to bear!

It's not so bad, you can get away from it if you need to.

I have Hanafin, Berg (Swedish), May (English) and Tiers (French, was Thiers) all fighting inside me! The Tiers and Hanafin gang up on the May, and the Berg fights and loots all of them.

"Soft soldered"? I must have missed that, but it does not seem reasonable, although the total length of joint, and a fairly snug fit would make it pretty strong even if true.

There are grades of soft solder, just as with silver solder (which would be fine). Although, I seem to recall some English guns with the two barrels soft soldered together. Something about being able to separate them without disturbing other parts.

It's not so bad, you can get away from it if you need to.

I have Hanafin, Berg (Swedish), May (English) and Tiers (French, was Thiers) all fighting inside me! The Tiers and Hanafin gang up on the May, and the Berg fights and loots all of them.

Then there are those of us who are 1/4 Croatian and 1/4 Slovene - mix with the Scots/Irish/English and whatever on the other side. As a result I can get in a fist fight with myself inside a phone booth. Trouble is I always lose. Good thing I won when I married my 80% Irish wife.

But as my Croatian born grandmother used to tell nosy people who asked 'what are you' probably due to her slight accent - 'I'm an American'. And had the paper to prove it.

Dale

Back