What's new
What's new

finished my camelback!

Looks very good, I would hate to be the first to drill a little peck hole in the table....ground for the firing squad....Reminds me the the first job I had at Dads machine shop, drilling 1200 3/4 inch holes for a drag chain in a drill like yours...Phil

Awesome work. You do know what your next project is now. Find/restore a more period correct motor to spin her with!

Very nice drill press... I repainted my 21" Buffalo press many years ago and added a 4 speed tranny out of a Dodge Army truck.. Three phase motor so instant reversing capability which is good for tapping.... It would really be nice if they stayed clean and nicely painted but they won't... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Very nice drill press... I repainted my 21" Buffalo press many years ago and added a 4 speed tranny out of a Dodge Army truck.. Three phase motor so instant reversing capability which is good for tapping.... It would really be nice if they stayed clean and nicely painted but they won't... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

I keep hearing about people using old manual transmissions in unusual ways. Would you be willing to post a picture or two of your setup?

metalmagpie

Outstanding job on the restoration and the write-up!!! Thanks for taking the extra time to document the process, it is really helpful for those following in your footsteps.

Off topic: Grant's (metalmagpie) Uni-Grinder builds are fantastic, they put to shame all the 2" x 72" grinders the knifemakers are so fond of as well as the various offerings from Bader and so forth!

Yes, thank you. I decided not to, mainly because I don't want to get into video editing or buying and storing a bunch of video equipment. My talents run more towards the written word and that is what I will stick with.

I am happy to provide clarification should you want it.

metalmagpie

Back