What's new
What's new

Help wanted. does anybody nows how made this Lathe.

Kars

Plastic
Hello,

I am Kars van den belt and living in the netherlands and i am new here, hopefully some of you can help me with this. Just bought a Lathe on a auction and for so far i cant find no information about it. Also other company's i have spoken haven't see this, dont think it really rare but ok. There are some tag plates on it, but cant read the manufacturer. Hopefully some of you can tell me a little bit more about it.

kind regards, kars

lathe 1.jpglathe3.jpglathe2.jpglathe4.jpg

Hello, after some identification I found some info. If I am right it shout be a zelenda zo 100. Looking on the internet, but found nothing. It running smooth, but I have to wait for some cutting tools. If somebody has more information about it, please let me now

My initial though is that it's for "second" or finishing operations. It's purpose is to take parts that have come off production screw machines and cut the last features, such as drilling from the back side, final cut to length, or similar trimming jobs.

For what it is, it looks very nice, but if you're looking for a general purpose lathe it may not be ideal. The pictures are very small, but from what I can see there is no graduated cross slide or indeed, a carriage, just a lever-operated single slide with stops.

As it's a small machine, I hope you didn't pay a lot for it. If you need a normal lathe, perhaps you should keep looking.

My initial though is that it's for "second" or finishing operations. It's purpose is to take parts that have come off production screw machines and cut the last features, such as drilling from the back side, final cut to length, or similar trimming jobs.

For what it is, it looks very nice, but if you're looking for a general purpose lathe, it may not be ideal. The pictures are very small, but from what I can see there is no graduated cross slide or indeed, a carriage, just a lever-operated single slide with stops.

As it's a small machine, I hope you didn't pay a lot for it. If you need a normal lathe, perhaps you should keep looking.

Hello, thank you for your reply. I was thinking the same. I think it was for a parts series made. I now if you want to something quick it’s not the best lathe. But for the work I do it will work. In my opinion it’s “different”Found no information about it . So hopefully people now more about it.

Back