What's new
What's new

Free 12" Monarch lathe in New Jersey

Care to explain oh obtuse one?

Soon.

I need some time to sort how to explain obtuse without letting in so much light as to perish it.

I'm back now.. See if this is Too Much Information:

Present minder said:
I had a lot of fun with this machine

That component doesn't as easily "convey" as the tired metal.

Most will want what Anastasia wanted.

"more!"

:)

Last edited:
If it was closer I would haul it home. I have a weakness for old cast iron.:cheers:

Soon.

I need some time to sort how to explain obtuse without letting in so much light as to perish it.

I'm back now.. See if this is Too Much Information:

Present minder said:

That component doesn't as easily "convey" as the tired metal.

Most will want what Anastasia wanted.

"more!"

May late mother had a saying about comments like that ;- Too clever for there own good.

May late mother had a saying about comments like that ;- Too clever for there own good.

My late Mother, her Mother, and DAD'S Mother were world-class experts at generating them.

Maternal G'mum, born "The Kennels" Croxteth estate.. house in Pittsburgh, PA on a hill so steep the power lines across the street were eye-level with her sitting-room window.

Gray squirrel scampering along a live power wire:

Easily 30 feet in the air...

"Oh good heavens! If that poor creature gets one foot on the ground he shall be electrocuted!"

Merchant Marine steam-up-and-down Engineer 2d Uncle keeps right on reading a book:

"Helluva large squirrel to do that, Mum."

Not to worry. She'd try again for a jump-up-and-go-see "zinger", later..

Yah gotta know Merseyside heritage, the USA pre-television era, and generating yer own amusement, regardless.

No love for the old iron here today.
I got a SB 16 inch in a deal some years back, all of the equipment seemed to have issues, but I moved it in, lubed it up and put power on it. Ways close to the head are pretty worn, saddle too. Hadn't used it for a while, got to thinking that I needed the room more, so was thinking about sending down the road............just about that time I had a job that would only fit in it. After using it for a while, I started rethinking getting rid of it.
Bad thing, I still could use the space.........but that is eternal.

The reason the need for space is eternal is if we have any space its room for more. One thing I rarely do is sell a machine or tool. I have paid much more to replace what I sold. Now if upgrading selling the old is ok.
Tools usually earn their keep even if rarely used..

That one does appear to have spent some time underground. I have been staying away from the local craigs list to avoid such temptations. My plate is full of iron rich projects
At least the leg junkies wont be after this one.

That one does appear to have spent some time underground. I have been staying away from the local craigs list to avoid such temptations. My plate is full of iron rich projects
At least the leg junkies wont be after this one.

"Justice" might be when we see a 1892 cone-head lathe resting on legs with pale blotchy skin, hair, pimples, knobby knees, dirty wool socks and Birkenstock sandals.

"Payback? Lemme tell yah about PAYBACK!"

:popcorn:

Back