What's new
What's new

Free (almost) Royersford Excelsior Power Hacksaw in Upstate NY

marka12161

Stainless
I bought this a couple years ago with the intent of restoring it. It does have a few issues which could be resolved with a bit of work. However since buying it, other projects have pushed it farther down the priority list so i'm looking to pass it on. Issues are:

* The linear bearing on the bow has some wear and needs to be built up. The bearing surfaces themselves are brass (or bronze) strips. Build up could be done with epoxy or braze.

* The bull gear has been repaired. It is fully functional but looks a bit wonky.

* The guard for the bull gear is missing. I have a replacement that needs to be attached.

* The motor mount is also a bad retrofit.

This is free to whoever is willing to come get it in Oswego NY. If you want to make a token donation to the shop in return (couple of end mills, dial indicator etc.) it would be great.

If on one claims it by Nov 1, i'll take the vice off of it and call a scrapper. I can load.

Send me a PM if interested.

Mark
IMG_20200910_112525955.jpg IMG_20200910_113026820.jpg IMG_20200911_175518643.jpg IMG_20200911_175533394.jpg

Mark:

If the saw is un-claimed when I come up your way to pickup the K.O. Lee tool & cutter grinder, and: if my Tacoma pickup does not squat too far down on its rear springs, I will take the power hacksaw as well. The Tacoma has a maximum payload of something like 1550 lbs, and I had installed heavier truck rear leaf springs and heavier load rated tires (more plies). 6 bolt steel rims as well. The 1550 lb payload figure seems overly optimistic on Toyota's part, but the truck did get a new frame last year (Toyota's frame rust-thru recall). Undoubtedly, I am overly optimistic as well in thinking my little Tacoma can handle the two machines. Hopefully, someone else will speak up for the power hacksaw and avoid the risk of my running the Tacoma overloaded.

Joe,

The hack-saw is yours as well. I'm pretty sure these two machines weigh in at less then 1000 lbs together. The KO-lee comes off of it's base so the CG of the load can be low in the truck.

Mark

Back