What's new
What's new

Free! Vintage Machines near Bham. (HBM w/ Tailstock)

ClappedOutBport

Cast Iron
Machinery - tools - by owner - sale

I inspected them once before back when they were for sale. They looked like mostly junk, but the shop was full of stuff and poorly lit. I couldn't even see the HBM tailstock at the time. I didn't stick around long, I had a metal chip eye that weekend so I can't tell you much. Radial drill looked saveable. I didn't try to move the HBM as it was pretty rusty. The turret lathe was of no interest to me, it's probably 15-20k lbs. The vertical drill press is way too tall to fit in your average shop. 10ft+.

attachment.php

wow, that's a lot of metal. Most likely someone who deals in scrap and can move things that large will take it - there aren't many people around who would want them that could move those machines without alot of effort or cost.

wow, that's a lot of metal. Most likely someone who deals in scrap and can move things that large will take it - there aren't many people around who would want them that could move those machines without alot of effort or cost.

Yeah. I hope somebody nags the tailstock at least for the HBM. That is probably the most valuable thing in there. Last time I was there they were loading out a Monarch 16CY, a bridgeport and some of the other things worth saving. Probably back in November(?) of 2019. Incredible amount of chuck rash on the Monarch. Must have lost a lb or two of cast! Pretty dirty too, would have needed some serious work. Everything else was worse so far as I could tell. You couldn't really walk through place back then. The turret lathe looks pretty straight in the photos, but who wants that?

Mostly likely they will go to the scrapman. I'm not too torn up over it. Nothing I can use.

Will this work for line boring my nitro RC motor

:D

Might be a lil small. :D

Still one of the smallest HBMs I've ever seen.

Back