What's new
What's new

Frejoth 12x36, 900 AE-G

Anatol

Aluminum
I've got access to a Frejoth 12x36, 900 AE-G gap bed lathe. Its seems in pretty good shape but leaks oil from the lower gear box - can't find where, but its pretty low down. I understand its 1980s vintage Taiwanese iron (?) that was rebadged by ACRA (1236?), Jet (1236), Grizzly (4003), Enco...etc. Maybe also in other countries Lantaine LAM-350BH, Cutmaster YCL 1236 GH.
Does anyone have any details on these lathes, or experience with one? I'm wondering if its worth investing some time/money in, or whether I'd be better off putting my efforts elsewhere.
thanks!

Do you mean the headstock or the QC gearbox ? If the headstock and your electrics box is mounted to the back of the headstock the mounting bolts may be the issue . I had a 12x36 ACRA and that was what was leaking around the threads. The drain plug for the HS is at the lower back corner chuck side of the HS,if you have the back splash mounted that plug is well hidden.

Hello Sir, I just acquired a Frejoth F1-900AE/G date of Manufacture is 1992. I was wondering if you or anyone else would happen to have a manual for parts list. THANKS!

Back