Likes (Received)

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is interesting to see there the statement: "...Large guns can therefore be made in France just as well as in Germany..."
    In the 1870 French-Prussian war the Prussian victory was, in large part(not counting the skill of Helmuth von Moltke and the reltive incompetence of the French generals) through the superiority of the Prussian artillery using the Krupp C64 80mm gun. After the war the French put a large efforts to create a better gun and this effort eventually have produced the famous Soixante-Quinze; a 75 mm quick-firing field gun and the prototype of all modern guns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's a great link! I'm actually pretty crazy about steam hammers. One day I'd like to have one in the 400-1000 lb range... for now I have a couple of mechanical hammers.
    That hammer would have been incredible to see in action. So too, would have been the Bethlehem steam hammer of 125 tons that only existed for about 10 years.

Here's a link to a short video of a 25 ton steam hammer currently operated by Kropp in Chicago...
    Giant steam forging hammer in Chicago -- Огромный Кузнечный молот в Чикаго США - YouTube
    And a link to an interesting article about the difficulties of installing and maintaining a steam hammer of still only 1/4 the size of the Le Creusot monolith.
    Kropp Forge Quiets Vibrations from Giant Hammer | Forging

4. Likes JHOLLAND1, JoeE. liked this post