Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default FS Anderson Power Scraper in SW Ohio

I just now rolled this outside the shop. It is not going back in. It is for sale. I can not ship this as you would be getting it damaged by most any shipper. Instead you can pick it up at my place and I will load it for you on any safe open top truck or trailer. It seems to work great and I don't see anything broken or missing. It is 110 volts single phase. Located in Eaton Ohio 45320. Price is $300.00. Sorry I can not store it for an extended period of time. It will be tarped outside until I decide to do otherwise with it. I have much more coming up for sale. Davis keyseater ect. p1011260.jpgp1011261.jpgp1011264.jpgp1011263.jpgp1011262.jpg Thanks for looking

2. Likes Peter S liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any interest or should I send it to the scrap yard?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

wish I was in a better place...

With the enthusiasm with scraping, I'd think a scraper guy would want it even just to sit in the corner!

I had to look up exactly what it is, and it looks to be a power assist for hand scraping.

Here is an old thread with a youtube video.

Metal Scraping with an Anderson Power Scraper.

...hoping someone steps up....

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Richard King wanted to buy one a few years ago. No idea if he subsequently did buy one.

L7

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 47nomad View Post
    Any interest or should I send it to the scrap yard?
    Dave,

I once HAD an interest. No longer.

But if you will email me a refresh of your address, (where I picked-up that Sheldon shaper?) I'll mail you the re-print manual for it that I bought some years ago.

A proper manual MIGHT sweeten the sale if ...you do not already have such?

It should NOT go to scrap. They actually WORK ,and are more "portable" than first appears as far was getting them to the work. Should be a set of rollers on one edge of the baseplate so it can be tilted and easily re-positioned?

Just not "worked" with quite the same technique as a Biax.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you load it onto a semi? I'm interested. message me your phone number or email address...
    I just tried to call my favorite trucking company and the use Conestoga covered trailers. There closed until Monday. Do you have a Pay Pal account?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard King View Post
    Can you load it onto a semi? I'm interested. message me your phone number or email address...
    I just tried to call my favorite trucking company and the use Conestoga covered trailers. There closed until Monday. Do you have a Pay Pal account?
    Dave's Email is enabled. And/or y'all should get on the phone?

My recollection of the street layout, it will need hauled to a terminal else picked-up by residential lift-gate dispatch. That runs $85 to $135 here, prolly similar where he is?

Also need to have a pallet fabbed, stood up to it, vertical, braced and strapped, together as a unit. Sides and top to make an enclosed crate, as for sea-freight, optional.

Once "unitized", then sling-managed with the FL from above to lay it-over on its new integral pallet "back/bottom" horizontally in order to make for a safe transit and unload.

Trying to LTL it for third-party handling en-route in the vertical position would be begging for pain.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just got back from an auction today. I'll be dealing with the stuff I drug home for a good while then I'll answer all this. Off the top of my head a trucking company will destroy one of these in a heartbeat unless fully created with 4 X 4's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've owned 2 in the past....and the guys I know do a good job. Just need to know if you can load it...Thermite mind your own business.

11. Likes reggie_obe, 4GSR liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Thermite has been here before so he knows the situation of a semi not being able to back up to the shop. I'm pretty sure I can take the Anderson to another shop nearby that is semi friendly and it can be loaded there. I will PM you soon as I know for sure and give you my phone number ect. Thanks Dave

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 47nomad View Post
    Well Thermite has been here before so he knows the situation of a semi not being able to back up to the shop.
    Your finesse with that FL, you could load it on the street.

However.. my recollection is a narrow suburban residential street, cars routinly parked, both sides, in "the usual manner" for suburbia, with a tight right-angle turn just past your place.

So it ain't a suburb nor a street a semi would want to even enter and have to back out of.

Probable liftgate call-out back to a terminal for transfer to longer-haul LTL.

All of that can be managed well-enough. The Anderson is small beans compared ot some of what you have dealt with.

Just not at zero effort. Plan accordingly, it can go well.

I would have expected to pay you to crate it.

Then another tranche to haul it 30 miles or so each way to drop it off at the Forward Air terminal in Indianapolis .. and on your own schedule.

That generally works better than expecting you to "hover" all day whilst a liftgate comes after it "sometime" during the day.

I'm pretty sure I can take the Anderson to another shop nearby that is semi friendly and it can be loaded there. I will PM you soon as I know for sure and give you my phone number ect. Thanks Dave
    That could work.

I still suggest proper crating and laid-over before it leaves your place.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anderson Power Scraper is sold. Thanks for the interest. I have more antique machines coming up for sale soon. A Rhodes vertical slotter and a Rhodes shaper selling as a set. Also a Davis keyseater. Details coming soon.

15. Likes 1yesca, Ohio Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Anderson will be inside my shop hopefully by the end of next week. Thanks Dave.

17. Likes RCPDesigns liked this post
    downhill from Twain\'s study outside Elmira, NY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just wanna say....on second thought....really glad i did not see this until it was too late.

Glad it was saved!
    smt

19. Likes RCPDesigns, Paolo_MD, M.B. Naegle, 47nomad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I picked it up at Fastenal yesterday. Good idea Dave, cost me $157.30 to get it to MN. Dave did an outstanding job skidding it. When I called them to make an appointment to pick it up, I said is my "bell" there....yes it was. I dropped off a Glendo going to Texas (one more left) so it was a good day. It is now inside my shop and I'll hook it up and start scraping an old rusty straight-edge to test it. I'll add the photos and info here :-) . Dave I am so glad I was looking on PM that day. Thanks again. Rich
    Last edited by Richard King; 09-11-2021 at 10:10 PM.

21. Likes RCPDesigns liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am so glad it arrived in good shape. I'm surprised it got there so quickly. I owned it for 9 years and never turned it on until I got ready to sell it. Very happy that it will see use again. I imagine there is not too many of them still around. I think it found the best possible home. Love to see it in action. Thanks Richard

23. Likes Richard King, RCPDesigns liked this post