What's new
What's new

FS - Barnes 4 1/2 lathe Parts

Dave Riant

Aluminum
Barnes 4 1/2 lathe parts for sale , prices include shipping to lower 48.
Headstock w/o bearings , back gears good. $40
Spindle w/stepcone , big end threads and taper good , small end threads are boogered but repairable , gear teeth good , exterior rust on cone pulley. $40
Saddle all parts , threads , gears good some exterior rust. $40
Compound cross slide , tool post T slot has been repaired. $40
Cushman 3 jaw chuck 4 1/4" dia. , nice smooth scrool , good jaws , no chuck key. $60
Tailstock w/wrench , broken handwheel , smooth quill , good taper , exterior rust. $60
All for $200 shipped or Pickup all in S. Oregon for $100.
Prefer Paypal. If interested contact me at [email protected]
Thanks -dave-
IMG_2848.jpg

Lots of looks but none sold . I don't think I can offer them any cheaper considering the hassel of shipping. So some things I might trade for. My Barnes project mostly done but could trade for Barnes 4 1/2 "swing arm " for seat , Barnes 4 1/2 4 jaw chuck , steady rest , change gears , literature, what have you. B&S #10 arbors for my K&T , early Starrett stuff. Anything to save me the hassel of putting on ebay. My Ebay handle bmwr605 . Thanks -dave-

These will be gold to someone with a partial Barnes, but good luck finding that person. I've had a set of change gears for a twin lead screw Barnes (which don't fit other Barnes') for sale for close to a decade and haven't found anyone who needs 'em yet.

I am looking for Barnes 4-1/2 parts - particularly the back gears - mine got crushed in shipping.

May be able to help on the back gears. You also mentioned other parts you may need such as??

Sent you an email via PM on this.

Here is a link to a video on the Barnes 4 1/2 YouTube

Thanks Ed

Parts still available . I rescued another Barnes 4 1/2. A very nice well tooled bench lathe with electric motor and countershaft. I had to take it apart to get it out of a tight room and down a long flight of stairs . It's boxed up so can't take photos. Too nice and complete to part out and I have a 4 1/2 velocipede and too many projects , so would like to sell . Buyer would need to pick up . Price $300 -dave-

Back