What's new
What's new

FS: Cincinnati No. 2 Milling Machine (early 1900's) - 350$ - DFW Area, Texas, UAS

Bowtie_Finn

Aluminum
Hey All, I am getting pretty busy with with work and decided to sell off a few restoration projects I had lined up :cryin: had this for 1.5 years and hadn't done anything with it, so figure I may never have the time to restore it.

This machine ran when I bought it, but do not have 3phase setup where I’m storing it in Rockwall, Tx. has a 2 HP motor on it. The bed is in good shape with minimal marks etc!

The gear train that powers the power feed x-axis looks in good shape and cannot find any chipped teeth - I do not think the power feed has been used in 30+ years 😂

I do not have a great way to load it where stored, but it is light enough to winch on a trailer - I move it with drop deck trailers I rent from United Rentals - I can easily deliver it for a trailer rental fee/gas.

Selling for 50$ above scrap! should make a cool resto project!

01313_gDrmPhd6b4S_1200x900.jpg00j0j_h5FElgyftyc_1200x900.jpg00L0L_8HHu754JvIK_1200x900.jpg00R0R_hZDRWmw6cLg_1200x900.jpg00G0G_fooMZP3q0b6_1200x900.jpg

Wonderful "ball joint" style from about 1903.

The "balls" house miter gear sets for feed drive

Feed will be INCHES PER REVOLUTION - before they settled on INCHES PER MINUTE

Here is my 1 1/2 from about 50 years back - table and saddle got fried in a shop fire, so nothing ever became of it

Attachments

• Cinc and Potter Johnston.jpg
    Cinc and Potter Johnston.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I think a very good price if you like the old iron. I paid $600 for a similar mill though I am in a machine tool desert.

Maybe its just me, but it seems machine tools have a hard time selling in Dallas area - I see them sit on CL for ever and a day lol

Wonderful "ball joint" style from about 1903.

The "balls" house miter gear sets for feed drive

Feed will be INCHES PER REVOLUTION - before they settled on INCHES PER MINUTE

Here is my 1 1/2 from about 50 years back - table and saddle got fried in a shop fire, so nothing ever became of it

Dang, sad to loose such a machine :( I didn't realize it was INCHES PER REVOLUTION, that is interesting !

Screenshots from the 1903 catalog;
No2 with Bells and Whistles.jpgCincinnati No2 Specs 1903.jpg1903 Cincinnati Spindle.jpg1903 Cincinnati Gear Box.jpg1903 Cincinnati Knee.jpg
Innovative design elements rather than a direct copy of the B&S style.
Looks like a solid mill at a real good price.
John

Thanks John - about half the "pictures" in my 1903 (which says Export Edition) have been removed by previous owners:D

Somewhere between the 1897 and this one they switched from woodcuts to photos. The '97 has ONE photo.:D

Thumbnail one of the 1897 pages - headed towards a good feed system but nothing positive yet. Note also the teeny size #3 dimensions.

Screenshots from the 1903 catalog;
View attachment 274904View attachment 274905View attachment 274906View attachment 274907View attachment 274908
Innovative design elements rather than a direct copy of the B&S style.
Looks like a solid mill at a real good price.
John

Attachments

• 1897 Cinc Scan 01.jpg
    1897 Cinc Scan 01.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 58
Great Photo's jhruska ! hadn't seen those yet!

I have had this thing listed locally for over a month with out any bites - guess there isn't a market for these older machines :D thinking at this rate I will just keep it and restore it later on (as I refuse to let this go to a scrapper lol)

Great Photo's jhruska ! hadn't seen those yet!

I have had this thing listed locally for over a month with out any bites - guess there isn't a market for these older machines :D thinking at this rate I will just keep it and restore it later on (as I refuse to let this go to a scrapper lol)

Excellent!! Please start a thread once you start the restore.

johnoder, YVW, however I am just the message boy so a shout out thanks to the public library of Cincinnati, Ohio.
The public library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County of Ohio has a collection of catalogs that can be downloaded in pdf format.
Here is the link for the following Cincinnati Milling Machine catalogs:
CONTENTdm
Here one can find the catalogs for the years 1896, 1903, 1904, 1907, and 1919.
The catalogs are both educational and informative to fit the evolving machine tool trade for this period.
John

I live 938 miles away, but really need your #2. It could keep my 1910 Candey-Otto and 1904 LeBlond company!
I assume the offer to deliver for rental and gas does not apply to Illinois!

It’s a long weekend, you can do it.....I drove ago Irby’s and back in 3-1/2 days for some machines. Dallas to the Virginia coast and back. Machines are worth it☺️

Twice actually 😳

I live 938 miles away, but really need your #2. It could keep my 1910 Candey-Otto and 1904 LeBlond company!
I assume the offer to deliver for rental and gas does not apply to Illinois!

I'm sure the mill has some work to be done but I do think you'll be happy with it. I think this is the "Universal" model which at that time didn't mean the vertical head, rather it referred to the swivel table and indexing head that give the mill helical capabilities. A somewhat more simple use is to be able to swivel the table +/- 40 or so degrees.

johnoder, YVW, however I am just the message boy so a shout out thanks to the public library of Cincinnati, Ohio.
The public library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County of Ohio has a collection of catalogs that can be downloaded in pdf format.
Here is the link for the following Cincinnati Milling Machine catalogs:
CONTENTdm
Here one can find the catalogs for the years 1896, 1903, 1904, 1907, and 1919.
The catalogs are both educational and informative to fit the evolving machine tool trade for this period.
John

Thanks!!! Nothing better then looking through those old catalogs!

Back