What's new
What's new

G&J Weir Ltd Cathcart Glasgow & Drysdale Pumps Yoker Glasgow

uzengineeringco

Plastic
Good Morning all from East Kilbride in Scotland. I have just joined PM and I would like to thank the Admin Dept for allowing me onboard.
My name is Doug Michael and I own an Engineering Company called UZ Engineering Co Website uzengineering.com My speciality is Heritage Engineering I served my Apprenticeship with G&J Weir Ltd - 1968 - 1972
The other reason for my message is that do any of you have any photos or information re G&J Weir Pumps and Drysdale Pumps as I am in the middle of writing a history book of the two companies.
Any info will be gratefully rec'd and acknowledged
Thank you in advance
Best Rgds
Doug

Hi Doug,

I am guessing you have seen this book, but just in case you haven't - I recently sold this history of Weir's but I have some photos of it. It wasn't really that interesting from a technical view point, hence the sale.

I was hoping for a bit more detail about their famous feed pumps, but this wasn't the book for that.

Weir 01.jpg Weir 04.jpg Weir 11.jpg Weir 12.jpg Weir 13.jpg

Hi Thank you

Ask them...they are still in business as (maybe)"Weir Pumps" or "Weir Mineral Systems" or something like that.

Thank you both....I have slight confession to make...since my initial post...I have since purchased the name G.& J. Weir Pumps Ltd as I found the name for sale on the Scottish Governments Companies House Website - for £10.00p so my company is now called G.& J. Weir Pumps Ltd - Incorporating UZ Engineering Co.

Thank you both....I have slight confession to make...since my initial post...I have since purchased the name G.& J. Weir Pumps Ltd as I found the name for sale on the Scottish Governments Companies House Website - for £10.00p so my company is now called G.& J. Weir Pumps Ltd - Incorporating UZ Engineering Co.

What a bargain! Save the name and bring further honour to it.

Larry

The successors to G&J Weir are now called Weir Group Plc....and I gather a subsidiary of the giant ESCO Mining Group.......The main purpose of those spending their penny on old company names is to sell T shirts or coffee mugs...dont see any potential here...However ,there are onging fees and responsibilities with owning a company name .

Back