What's new
What's new

Gallmeyer & Livingston Surface Grinder

Caleb Rohrbaugh

Plastic
We have a Gallmeyer and Livingston No. 28 surface Grinder. It has stopped moving side to side. It goes in one direction but won't reset itself to start the next pass. Any ideas on how to fix it? we have looked up and bought a service manual for it but can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe my 25 is doing the same as yours. It powers to the left, when it gets to the end of travel, it just stays there. All the plumbing is tucked in there fairly tight and access isn't real easy. What is sold for a manual, doesn't tell much.
I haven't taken time to try and sort it out, things are tucked in there fairly tightly.

I assume that the grinder is tripping the reverse lever?

Mine is..............not sure if it is able to "bypass" through the valve, so that pressure only goes to one side. The travel front to back is fine.

Got too many projects to mess with it for some time, just saw this thread and thought I'd pile on :rolleyes5:

I've got a working 670 (16x48). I'll provide what help I can for troubleshooting, but as rj1939 says, it's a lot of stuff in an small space, and I don't know how much carries over across models.

Caleb: Are you still with us? There has been a couple of questions, but you never responded. I have also run and worked on G & L grinders. If you have solved it, please let us know.

JH

Back