What's new
What's new

Garvin Vertical Mill For Sale - Lansing, Michigan area

It is a number 24 vertical mill and will have a #10 Brown & Sharpe taper spindle. It is cheap but it is too far gone as far as I am concerned. Too many missing original parts and too much damage.

Well, its gone. I bet the new owner will do some research and find this post about his mill.

It is quite the Frankenmill. Is that a back gear arrangement on the main spindle?

If all you wanted was a mill to do basic machining it is pretty hard to go wrong for $150. Even if it will take some work.

Well, its gone. I bet the new owner will do some research and find this post about his mill.

It is quite the Frankenmill. Is that a back gear arrangement on the main spindle?

If all you wanted was a mill to do basic machining it is pretty hard to go wrong for $150. Even if it will take some work.

Yah think? I'd be inclined to bet that $150 can suck $1,500 - $3,500 worth of "Oxygen" right out of the shop off the back of time wasted and cash-money thrown after it, too.

Doesn't look to have the stiffness to haul a #7 B&S at much over a snail's pace, let alone a #9 or #10 B&S.

The person who buys that will just be happy to have a mill. I doubt he will spend any more money on it than some tooling and a vise.

It is probably in some other farmer's pole barn right now.

The person who buys that will just be happy to have a mill. I doubt he will spend any more money on it than some tooling and a vise.

It is probably in some other farmer's pole barn right now.

#10 B&S availability ranks about 3rd behind #9, then #7.

Not that scarce tooling is a show-stoppr. It's only a vertical, so all it needs is a shop-fab #10 B&S mounting an ER.

Back