What's new
What's new

Good source for drip oilers

6sigmaford

Aluminum
I have a few items to restore. There are lots of drip oilers out for sale. Can anyone recommend a seller with reasonable prices? The sizes are 1/8 npt. Thanks all - leveraging your experience and trying to avoid paying extra tuition to learn what is already known.

Used originals are the way to go. None of the new ones I've seen look as well made and pleasing to the eye as the old ones do.
It is no trouble to buy replacement glass and make or buy gaskets to refresh old ones.
I buy them at shows, flea markets, and antique places when they look interesting and the price is low. Often they're quite over priced in my opinion.

Thanks guys - great suggestions. I will scout around for an engine/tractor show. Mcmaster Carr was at least reasonable on price.

Be aware, the lower priced "new" gravity drip oilers, are often Brass plated, or of Aluminum and Plastic construction.

The solid Brass and Glass models are also available, but of course, tend to be a bit pricier.

Thanks for the tip. I was watching a YouTube video (Halligan142) where he was adding drip oilers to a Southbend belt drive. The brass plating was gone with a few scotch-brite swipes. I guess they worked but material quality was suspect. Nice mod anyway.

Good sources used to be around old lumber and sawmill towns. I used to find them fairly inexpensive but antique collectors and the such have gleaned on to a lot of the good stuff.

Well I found one reasonable

Late one night I tripped over this oiler on eBay. Lunkenheimer in pretty good shape for just under $30 shipped. It fit perfectly and the quality is evident. Worked right away. Now to find a mate.
IMG_1593.jpg

Back