Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Gorton 0-16A taper?

I own a Gorton 0-16A unimill that uses the proprietary milled Gorton collets. Does anyone happen to know what the taper dimensions are? I would like to modify an ER32/morse taper adapter to fit the machine so I don't need to go through the pains of finding collets on fleabay. Currently all I have is a 3/8 collet

Post Thanks / Like

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It doesn't have the taper of the spindle. It is only a teardown book for servicing the machine. I used it to tighten the lower bearing retainer nut

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 520 Pipefabricat View Post
    It doesn't have the taper of the spindle. It is only a teardown book for servicing the machine. I used it to tighten the lower bearing retainer nut
    I looked at that and it gave 3 possible options (Page 21), the Gorton proprietary, #2 Morse, or #7 B&S, you will have to measure the one collet you have to figure out what you have, as none of us can reach thru the matrix to take those measurements for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge amount of clickable info here - but all it will say about 16 is that it has a Gorton taper - to me this means I'd have to find out myself what Gorton meant by that by reverse engineering - and making what ever was necessary to use it.

George Gorton Machine models

Have fun

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 520 Pipefabricat View Post
    I own a Gorton 0-16A unimill that uses the proprietary milled Gorton collets. Does anyone happen to know what the taper dimensions are? I would like to modify an ER32/morse taper adapter to fit the machine so I don't need to go through the pains of finding collets on fleabay. Currently all I have is a 3/8 collet
    I have a new-looking Gorton 14778 1/2" collet with the three milled flats on the shank. If this is what you are asking about, I can sell my collet or measure the taper.

Larry

gorton-1-2-collet-4.jpg gorton-1-2-collet-1.jpg gorton-1-2-collet-2.jpg