What's new
What's new

Gould & Eberhardt 14" Shaper

Dave_thesmith

Plastic
I'm looking for photos of the feed pawl on this 14" shaper. There is a "newer" enclosed ratchet design that has photos everywhere, but I can't find a single photo of this machine online.

I understand the missing piece of the mechanism, and I can make a part that will work, but I would sure love to know what the original looked like on this machine so I can aim for a close copy. I don't always push for historical accuracy in old machinery, but it is definitely nicer when a repair at least looks like a representation of the original.

The newest patent date on any of the parts of this machine is 1895. The only catalog photos I could find were from the twenties or thirties and the feed mechanism had changed design already. Anyone know when the design changed?

I never have luck posting photos with my phone on practical machinist, so i will post this text and try to comment with the photos. Worst case I will get on a computer later and upload them.

Thanks ladies and gents.

Dave

Fingers crossed this works............

Gould 4.jpgGould 3.jpgGould 2.jpgGould 1.jpg

Last edited:
True temper I just installed tapatalk. Trying to figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

3512B, I will message you as soon as I figure out how.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Let me know if you need help, works real good for me except it will only allow one photo per post sometimes.

Back