What's new
What's new

Harding HVL-B lathe. C.List St Louis. Chamois mo.

m-lud

Stainless
I dont know much about these lathes other than they have a following. I'm not sure if the B model is the high rpm model. I have seen the hvlh talked about. It looks like the taper attachment may have been removed. If a different forum is a more appropriate location for the thread let me know and I'll move it. It looks to be in fair condition.
Curious. What does the motor on the apron drive? Apron

Hardinge lathe HLV-b - business/commercial - by owner - sale

It is an HLV model, which were built from 1950 to 1960. This one was probably built 1950-1955.

It was replaced by a completely redesigned and much improved HLV-H in 1960.

Larry

Thanks Larry
So it's not the prize I was hoping to guide a Harding fan to.
Chamois Missouri is a small town along the Missouri river. There were a couple guys that had a warehouse full of machinery that they bought and sold in chamois. Around 2005. I heard they moved. At the time I was there I thought it was an out of the way place to haul machinery too. It's very hilly and rural.
I dont think this lathe is coming from them. Does anyone know the machinery dealer or where they moved?

Thanks Larry
So it's not the prize I was hoping to guide a Harding fan to.
Chamois Missouri is a small town along the Missouri river. There were a couple guys that had a warehouse full of machinery that they bought and sold in chamois. Around 2005. I heard they moved. At the time I was there I thought it was an out of the way place to haul machinery too. It's very hilly and rural.
I dont think this lathe is coming from them. Does anyone know the machinery dealer or where they moved?

I ended up buying this lathe and it was from the place that you described. They still have quite a bit of equipment.

I dont know much about these lathes other than they have a following.

I'd love to have this. Those deals never seem to happen around me when I'm looking.

I ended up buying this lathe and it was from the place that you described. They still have quite a bit of equipment.

Amklein
Thanks for letting me know the machine dealer is still there. I'll have to take a drive down there.
That lathe you bought looked to be in running condition. Make some parts with it. The Missouri river is close to that building. About 1500 feet behind them. I hope the river doesn't flood all those machines. The flooding is getting bad.

Back