What's new
What's new

Helma-Nohoma jointer made in Holland. Info needed.-

RODELU

Aluminum
I tried the Woodworking Machinery section of this Forum with zero answers, perhaps Antique Machinery is the right place for my request.
I'm rebuilding a very solidly built Helma-Nohoma 30cm jointer made in Holland. There's next to no references in the web to the makers which were either short-lived or had a very limited production. Does anyone in the Forum have any information about this machine? A manual would be most welcomed.
001.jpg005.jpg

I found a reference to them on a historical site, in dutch unfortunately. Nohoma bv (Noordhollandsche Machinehandel bv) [ZaanWiki]
In short: The name stands for Noord-Hollandse Machinehandel. It was a trading company that did not produce anything themselves. It mainly imported from western Germany and Italy. The machines were sometimes customized at the request of the customer.
This seems to be the current name of the company: https://www.scmgroup.com/nl/scmwood

Piek;
Thanks very much for your reply.
I'll contact SCM in Italy, hopefully they'll provide some info.
Your comment about Nohoma buying their machnes abroad would explain the BSW threads (1/2"-12, 5/8"-11, 5/16"-18)on this machine; perhaps it was originally British-made.

Back