What's new
What's new

Help with ID

jkoll42

Plastic
Hi all - sorry to barge into the forum asking for help but I am by no means a machinist. I'm more in the general jack of all trades arena. I'm working my way through my late fathers tools trying to learn as much as I can from everything and much of the vintage stuff is from grandfathers long since gone. I'm restoring items, building toolboxes for them, putting together history and hope that future generations will appreciate the history.

I found a cigar box (image attached) with various lathe tools and I'm hoping that someone might look at the shapes that were ground and have a clue of what they might have been used for. I had a grandfather who worked in the Philly Naval shipyards during WWII - not sure if it could have anything to do with that. What peaked my curiosity was that it's Stellite, Mo-Max, Tantung so a bunch of cobalt stuff and most everything else E.V.M.

Obviously this is a bit of a shot in the dark but any information might help me narrow things down. I hope everyone who sees this has a verry merry Christmas.

JonIMG_20191223_142930.jpg

Back