What's new
What's new

help ID new mill pick up today

gresh125

Plastic
I just picked up my mill in ny but I dont know the maker I believe it to be a us mill it appears very similar to elgin on lathes uk but a little bigger no mame anywhere table 6 X 24 I think it takes mt3 collets but they had an mt2 stuffed way up in there. any info on the mill would be greatly appreciated . now time for restore and paint. thanks for haven me guys

3Gf3M93Ja5Ga5F75J7d1cb578f76ea3291872_zpsb402ecbe.jpg

DSC03812_zpsa18c68a5.jpg

DSC03814_zpsb4cc5fe4.jpg

DSC03815_zps296e004c.jpg

DSC03816_zpsdc8e8c94.jpg

Last edited:
Dunno what it is. Kinda looks like a Steinel.
It does look happy sitting next to your Southbend.

--Doozer

The way the head is mounted looks a bit like an Elgin, but the rest of the details don't look quite right, and its probably bigger than an Elgin?

allan

Looks like a nice mill. What does that knob do on the left side in the middle of the column?

well guys I have searched over this thing for 30 mins with a flashlight and have found no marking or brand name anywhere.
but I have found it to be American for sure I measured and found it to take a brown and sharp #7 collets.
the motor on top reads master . there is an electrical box built into the back of the stand not bolted to it. its acutally build into the stand
and reads inside cutler-hammer may 1941 . but its just an electric company. I want to start restoring it but is sure would be nice to know who made it. oh and the knob on the side controls power feed

Industrial Toll & Die Works Mill

Your mill was made by the Industrial Tool & Die Works of Minneapolis, MN. I have posted a brochure about your machine in the old machine section. FYI, the spindle collets are Brown & Sharpe #7.

this is great thanks you for your responses on what the maker is. its nice to know here is almost completed restore.
DSC04124.jpg

By chance, does anyone happen to know the specs on the auto feed motor? It was missing when I acquired mine and I would like to attempt to get it going again. Any info would be appreciated!

Back