What's new
What's new

Help identifying these lathe parts, please?

Darren McCarley

Cast Iron
I bought a Wade 8a and these non-Wade parts came with it. Any ideas on the manufacturer and what lathe they belong to?

Don't know the name of the taper attachment, but the follower is probably SB, it has the unit code on the casting. Smart money says SB for the steady rest too.

bit tough to resolve it, but the numbers on the plain follower rest look like 130R1 which makes it fit a 1" collet sothbend 10" lathe.

Jim, sorry about the photo quality. You are correct. 130R1 are the numbers/letters in the casting. My money would be on the steady/follow rests are from the same manufacturer as well. They "feel" the same.

That taper attachment is an enigma.... I can't seem to find a similar style. Even the Logan searches are showing bodies that are multiple pieces.

You should give a dimension from the flat on the bottom of the steady rest, to the center of the hole in the casting.

Check to see if there are any numbers hidden under all the paint.

Valid points. I'll have to try and strip some the layers sometime this week. Silly day job takes away from tool time..... :)

Thanks for yalls help!

Back