What's new
What's new

Help with Vise: Cox & Son's - can't find anything on a internet search

CraigCoGuy

Plastic
Help with Vise: Cox & Son's - can't find anything on a internet search.
Any information would be appreciated.

Pictures would be helpful. I usually suggest that people wanting info on older vices check out the Garage Journal Forum, the massive "Vices of Garage Journal" thread in the General Tool Discussion section. Many of those guys are serious collectors and possess a huge body of collective knowledge on the subject.

Tom B.

Cox & Sons Company of NJ agreed to buy 200 tons of pig iron from Crane Iron Works furnace at Catasauqua, PA in Sept. 1920, but cancelled in November, 1920 for unforeseen business reasons. They must have been making a lot of cast iron products before cancelling.

Crane Iron Works v. Cox & Sons Co., 28 F.2d 328 (3d Cir. 1928) :: Justia

I found one Cox patent, for a pipe threading die, which names a couple of the owners:

Patent Images

Larry

Pictures would be helpful. I usually suggest that people wanting info on older vices check out the Garage Journal Forum, the massive "Vices of Garage Journal" thread in the General Tool Discussion section. Many of those guys are serious collectors and possess a huge body of collective knowledge on the subject.

Tom B.

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately there is no screw or handle that I could find. It was in pieces on the basement floor.

Back