What's new
What's new

Help wiring up this old Meuser lathe?

hsracer201

Hot Rolled
Yesterday I went to look at a piece of equipment and the guy had a Meuser lathe in the corner he couldn't figure out how to wire up. I thought I'd peek at it and see but I was immediately over my head.

This is not my lathe. I don't have access to this lathe. I took some pictures. Is this enough for anyone to tell what needs to be switched? He bought it from an auction. He watched it run at it's previous location but it was on 440 and he has 220. All he did was connect his 3 hots and a ground and the motor hums but won't do anything. There are no wiring diagrams ANYWHERE. I can't find jack on the motor company. I've never seen a 3phase motor have so many terminals on it. I know the standard (4,5,6),(1&7), (2&8), (3&9) for low voltage but what would you do here?

All these wires are fed up from the drum switch.

VEV9XTu.jpg

Motor tag:

z5xqd9R.jpg

That's all I've got. Anybody take a stab at it?

Thanks.

If you can locate 6 wires you are in business. Typically, there are three low voltage wires and three high voltage wires. In 220 mode the three low voltage wires go to the 3 phase and the three high voltage are not connected. In 440 mode the 3 high voltage wires are connected to the 440 and the three low voltage wires are tied together. If the motor was running on 440 there should be three wires tied together. Separate them and connect them to the 3 phase plug. The wires that were on the plug are each disconnected and kept separate and insulated. I won't even deal with the switch but you can at least see if the motor runs on 22O. If the motor is running backwards, reverse any two wires that go to the plug.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back