What's new
What's new

Hendey 12" High Speed Crank Shaper

IsleofManFan

Plastic
Today I bought a Hendey 12" High Speed Crank Shaper, it has the universal table and power down-feed. It has been sitting in a barn for a few years and needs paint, cleaning and a go-through. I think it is a post 1942 as it has the Limitation Order No. L 108 from the War Production Board tag on it..The machine has the original swivel-vise, pinion tool, tool-post and various square-drive drivers...I have to get my rigger to pick it up and I will start cleaning it..This is going to be a fun project.
View attachment 310070View attachment 310071

Now thats a nice 12 in Shaper ! Congrats and have a blast with it. Please keep us updated as you refresh it.

Right after I posted the pics the seller called and said he got a much larger offer. I paid him his asking price, then he said he has been out of work for a year and has 4 kids...I told him to sell it to the other guy who offered substantially more $..He said he'd talk to the other guy and see if he is for real or a flake...I am not greedy and I think he needs the $...we'll see.

I had a 12" Hendey with the plain table and manual down-feed several years ago..It was a great machine.

Right after I posted the pics the seller called and said he got a much larger offer. I paid him his asking price, then he said he has been out of work for a year and has 4 kids...I told him to sell it to the other guy who offered substantially more $..He said he'd talk to the other guy and see if he is for real or a flake...I am not greedy and I think he needs the $...we'll see.

I had a 12" Hendey with the plain table and manual down-feed several years ago..It was a great machine.

I just sent you a PM, I think both buyers are being played by the seller.

I think you're being too accommodating, if he took your money then the shaper is your property, end of story.

But I agree with jbacc, it sounds like he might just have some seller's remorse and he's trying to renegotiate the price.

Yup! Agreed, I got what I got. He will not return calls, texts, looks like his SOB story is BS as he works at UCONN they have been getting paid all along...POS

Yes he is and he hasn't answered texts either...legal coming..got off the phone. He finally answered and said he sold it for 700. I told him My Son In Law is a lawyer and he told me to file a commplaint...f' it. This guy got his money, I wasted my time... give me my money back..POS

Last edited:
Looks like your buddy got it from NJ the Mass guy was BS...people suck:mad5: SUCKS.You pay their asking price and they play you...F'em

Haven't heard from my friend, he was going today to pick up the Steptoe 14" Shaper that was listed here a few days ago. My friend had an agreement for the Hendey and even asked the seller if he could send a deposit. The seller said no, he will just mark the ad as sale pending. The, he wouldn't answer his texts and blocked him on Facebook, The, I noticed your post and knew this guy was up to no good.

Sorry for your troubles, I hope you at least get your money bag but the seller is a dirt bag.

Good luck.

Joe

sounds like this loser seller needs a tune up

Dude, We live in liberal states where if you think about doing something they want to restrict your rights more..I called the db and he said he'd send me a PMO...I will ove on and look for more..and lesson learned!

Back