What's new
What's new

Hendey 14x6 lathe info

Graystang88

Plastic
Just picked up an old gear head hendey serial number 27635. Would love to know as much about it as possible if anyone on here still has info on these machines. Thanks

https://youtu.be/QGKGbyv_21w

Graystang88:

Hendey lathe No.27635, a 14 x 6, 12 Speed, Geared Head model, was scheduled for completion during the second week of June 1929. It was
shipped with a Compound rest, an Oil Pan, a set of No.3 Collets and a Chain Motor Drive System. The original owner was Tools and Gages
Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. There are very few Patterns, Castings or Repair Parts left in inventory for this lathe. All of the original
drawings are still in the file, so parts can be made as required. You will note that the Taper Attachment was not sold with the lathe,
but was acquired at a later date. At the time your lathe was built the following prices were in effect: basic 14 x 6 lathe = $1750,
Oil Pan = $73, Set of No.3 Collets = $125, Knock Out Rod for No.3 Collets = $3, Micrometer Carriage Stop = $15, Taper Attachment = $160 and Motor Back Leg Chain Drive = $170.

Hendeyman

Thanks so much hendeyman. I was hoping you might chime in. I have seen your posts on many other hendey related questions. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. There's something very satisfying about know the age and early history of these machines.

Back