What's new
What's new

Hendey 15" Friction Shaper

spitfire_er

Aluminum
Just picked this up not really knowing what I was getting. After doing some research it seems like a nice machine, and everything appears to be in decent shape, but not sure i'm going to be able to use it. In the mean time. I was wondering if anyone had any dimensions for the drive pulleys so I can possibly fashion a way to get it up and running again. Everything is freed up and oiled. Cleaned up very nice and easily. I believe these photos were from before I cleaned it. Any info would be appreciated.
20190423_215617.jpg20190423_215629.jpg20190423_215641.jpg20190423_215647.jpg20190423_215657.jpg

Nice machine, I have one just like it though I'm missing the vise. I don't have the dims of the drive pulleys but Hendeyman does and I'm sure he will be along shortly. If you don't end up using the shaper then I know a GREAT home for vise... MY home. :)

spitfire_er:

Hendey Friction Shaper No.4410 was one of a lot of thirty 15 inch shapers completed on January 13, 1905. The list of the original owners
appears to have been destroyed at least seventy years ago. There are no longer any Patterns, Castings or Repair Parts left in inventory
for these machines. All of the original drawings are still in the files, so parts can be made as required. As you may have noticed during
your clean-up, this is a two speed machine, two forward and one reverse. Your shaper should use the old No.1 countershaft,I should have
most of the drawings for the individual components of this countershaft. Also, there are several drawings that show the belt arrange-
ments, pulley sizes and countershaft speeds. I have available copies of the Parts Book and the Sales Brochure. If you are interested in
any of these items, please contact me at: [email protected] for prices and payment methods.

Hendeyman

thanks Hendeyman,

I was thinking to possible put two 3 phase motors on this running in opposite directions driven off a VFD. What size motor should be running this size machine?

Back