What's new
What's new

Hendey 18 x 10 info?

rustyironism

Cast Iron
Call out to Hendeyman to see if he has any parts available for this lathe that belongs to a friend.[

Serial # 18442

Thanks much!

Mike

ATTACH=CONFIG]181201[/ATTACH]
IMG_1104.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 191
rustyironism:

Hendey lathe 18442, an 18x10 Cone Head model, was scheduled for completion during the last week of March 1917. It would have a Morse
Taper #4 and a Double Walled Apron. The original owner was the Western Condensing company, San Francisco, California. There are no
longer any Patterns, Castings or Repair Parts left in inventory for this lathe, but all of the original drawings are still in the files, so, parts can be made as required. I did receive your PM, thank you. If I can be of further help, contact me directly at:
[email protected]

Hendeyman

Thank you very much, Hendeyman.
It's good to know that this machine can continue it's life.

Mike

If only this machine could talk.

Western Condensing Company was formed the year after this lathe was born by David Peebles.

He held many patents for milk products.

Birth: Oct. 13, 1884
Bountiful
Davis County
Utah, USA
Death: Feb. 25, 1965
Davis
Yolo County
California, USA

The following is a quote from Leslie Peebles Book Volume 2 written in 1964. "Organized the Western Condensing Co., San Francisco in 1918 and now its President; consultant for American Maize Products
Co., Campbell Soup Co., Golden State Ltd. he is a member of American Chemical Society,; American Institute of Chemical Engineers; Pacific Union Club. Holder of numerous patents, San Francisco, CA."

David Peebles has had many notable inventions, some of which he sold, including the first practical fountain pen to be manufactured.

He received the honorary doctorate from the Univ. of CA in 1959. He was appointed on the Univ. staff in the department of Food Science & Technology. In 1959 the newspapers proclaimed him as "The Dea
n of Food Engineers. A man of curiosity and vision, uniting mastery of fundamental scientific principals with ingenuity in applying them." He was the winner of the food indutry's highest award.

David devoted much of his time to reaearch and development. He lived in Davis, CA but had a Pilot plant in Petaluma, CA.

Back