What's new
What's new

Hendey 20" shaper for sale

Jerry: I think that the only forum here at PracticalMachinist where shapers can be posted is Antique Machinery and History forum. You might want to move it before it is closed. Good luck.

P.S. Read the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

JH

James...thanx for the heads up.....I never saw this machine as an antique as I still use it.....I guess old Hendey & myself are both antiques......Jerry quoting one of my mentors....(Im so old ,I can remember when the dead sea was still sick)

Does anyone know where i might buy a binder wrench for a 12” Hendey

I predict your run here is going to be short-lived. Bumping numerous old posts asking the same question in each of them is tacky, especially when one of the threads you bumped had the stinking answer right in the thread that you clearly didn't even read. Lazy? Careless? Idk, but if you want the wrench you should probably put a little more effort into it.

Does anyone know where i might buy a binder wrench for a 12” Hendey

I predict your run here is going to be short-lived. Bumping numerous old posts asking the same question in each of them is tacky, especially when one of the threads you bumped had the stinking answer right in the thread that you clearly didn't even read. Lazy? Careless? Idk, but if you want the wrench you should probably put a little more effort into it.

lathes1955:

I have been away from the forum for several weeks working on some of my own shop equipment.

Some years ago, Terry and I made a short run of the Pinion Type Binder Wrenches with the idea that there would be a limited amount off
demand for them. As of December of last year, I decided to no longer make repair parts for new customers. For older customers I have been
offering a co-op program, I supply the drawings, they do all of the basic machine work and if special tooling is required to finish the
job, they send it back to me for the finish work. So far this has worked well and given me the time I need to work on my own machines.

Having said that, I plan to make another short run of wrenches. This was prompted by the fact that I recently became the owner of a 1936
12 inch High Speed Shaper sans the Pinion Binder Wrench. Add to that, two friends were in the same situation and an old customer also
needed one. Depending on my work load, I plan to make a run of wrenches sometime in April, most likely toward the end of the month.
Anyone interested in getting one of these wrenches please contact me at: [email protected] so that I can get a rough estimate of how
many to make and the cost of each wrench. When I get them made I will notify the customer about the cost and the payment instructions.

Hendeyman

Back