What's new
What's new

Hendey 34695

stonehaven

Hot Rolled
Picked this lathe up yesterday, 6hr drive each way, hoping to freshen it up , has 70 yrs of grime on it. IMG_1796.jpgIMG_1797.jpgIMG_1802.jpgIMG_1798.jpgIMG_1800.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This lathe was a 3 phase originally and a single phase added later. Going to discard the original electrical box and probably install a different single phase motor as this one has no identification on it. I would like to know from Hendeyman what rpm it originally was equipped with. IMG_1806.jpgIMG_1807.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 55
Sorry , I should have mentioned a no. 1 x 30 high speed lathe. No threading capabilities.

Sometime in its history someone thought it was a good idea to make the cone head a bee belt driveIMG_1808.jpg

Disappointments adding up, took the lever mechanism off and clutch cover off, no clutch parts. Someone put a pulley on shaft and it must have been slipping so in their wisdom that tack welded pulley hub to shaft.IMG_1813.jpgIMG_1815.jpg

stonehaven:

Hendey lathe no. 34695, a No.1 x 30 High Speed model. was ordered on May 1, 1942 and was one of eighteen identical lathes that were
ordered. It was scheduled for completion during the middle of March 1943. The original owner was the Cardanic Corporation, no city or
state was listed. The electric motor was a Frame 225, 3HP, 1800RPM, 440Volts, 60Cycles, 3PH. The Spindle Speed was 2000RPM. There are
very few Patterns, Castings or Repair Parts left in inventory for this lathe. All of the original drawings are still in the files, so
parts can be made if required. The selection of gears shown in the Cabinet Leg will determine what feed Rates you can produce.

Hendeyman

Thanks for the information Hendeyman, I am curious if a conehead from a 12 inch would fit this lathe as someone has cut vee grooves in this lathes conehead to run vee belts. Also is there a chart to tell which gears go on the quadrant for a particular feed.

Back