What's new
What's new

Hendey Lathe 14 X 6 Parts needed?

Abeeck

Plastic
I am in the process of restoring an old Hendey 14 X 6 and I am trying to figure out a source that I can go to for parts? Are there companies/people that tear down lathes for parts and if so, how do I find them. So far web searches have not been successful. The main thing that I am looking for right now is a pinion gear. I did find a post on the web were someone had machined off the gear and made a new one and pinned it to the shaft. That is beyond my capabilities at this point. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 0902201237b.jpg
    0902201237b.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 51
There is such a thing as the used machine tool part business, but it's 100% modern CNC components AFAIK.

Used parts for old manual stuff like Hendeys are sold person to person. Keep an eye on eBay and threads on this site.

Get in touch with hendeyman. He's a member on here and he owns the original Hendey records and prints (which is miraculous if you ask me). He's a busy guy but he makes replacement Hendey parts and can send you prints to make your own if needed.

If you have the old one or at least what's left of it, you can figure out the pitch and tooth count. Boston Gear has a huge inventory of ready made change gears [often at really decent prices] and you might find one that matches both dimensions. The bore size can easily be "adjusted" to fit your shaft or stud.

Back