What's new
What's new

Hendey lathe eBay uk

Baxandall

Plastic
Looks like another Hendey barn find, this time in the UK. It’s been relisted, so I think it’s OK to draw attention to it. The seller previously described it as a Centaur lathe, so maybe most people missed it first time round. I’m not interested myself as it’s too far away.

LATHE HENDEY VINTAGE | eBay

Limy,I think that's 35yrs worth of living in a farm grade shed,the door will let the dew in. I'd like that,only I'm happy with what I have. It deserves a good home. My interest in engineering was kindled near there,at a little place called Hartlebury. Btw,aren't trumpets,even ragmens'ones,made of brass��

I paid $125 for a 12x6 Hendey in a similar state of rust and have been enjoying the process of dismantling, cleaning and repairing it. It is a project that keeps me out of trouble and is much cheaper than therapy. However, it is a big commitment for some one so I hope it finds a good home.

Craig

AND it's fitted with a Taylor's chuck ��

They were a good chuck, took a lotta use and abuse, they were fine for production runs with bar or cut slugs, but IMHO the lack of a ground flat face @ 90deg to the axis could be a pain in a onesy twosey - breakdown repair type job shop.

Nor did Taylors make an independent 4 jaw, which IMO with that angled slideway would have been a winner.

FWIW The Taylor capstans were good, …...plain and simple but they did what it said on the tin and more importantly, kept doing it.

Back