Hendey Lathe ID Help - Hendeyman - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

DSnyder607:

For copies of drawings and literature, you can contact me directly at: [email protected]
    I charge $25 per hour research time plus a price per drawing, depending on the size. Most of the large drawings have to be
    sent to a blueprint company to be copied and I add on whatever they charge. I give a price discount when you order a group
    of drawings, less work for me and the blueprint company. Many of the drawings have survived as hard copies, but the rest,
    back to 1883, are on microfilm, which can usually be copied in house. Research time involves matching your Serial Number
    against drawings for that size of lathe, Bills of Material, design changes during the circa of manufacture and whether the
    information is a hard copy or microfilm. In most cases, the older the machine the harder it is to research the proper
    material. One exception is the EBM/ECM lathes, they were built in 12, 14 and 16 inch sizes and should be filed as a
    separate design, but instead they are mixed in with all drawings for all lathes of a given size. Since all Hendey drawings
    are sequential, it is necessary to determine on which dates the drawings were made and go through that group to find the
    related drawings. In the case of the EBM/ECM lathes, it involves about two thousand from drawings 1920 to 1923. I have compiled a master list to make this job a lot easier.

Hendeyman