What's new
What's new

Hendey Lathe and Patrick Black

steelsponge

Aluminum
Greetings i recently tried to private message Pat black and found out that his private message box is full. Pat if you are out there please contact me via e-mail [email protected] or send me a PM and I will respond , my name is clyde and i want to discuss with you your rebuild of your hendy lathe as i have one from the same vintage, if you go to the antique machinery heading and type in Help With My Hendy lathe you will see what i have. Looking forward to hearing from you Thank you. And to all out ther an Old Iron Greeting and a Happy Thanks Giving to all , Clyde PS Photobucket blurred all of your pictures. Does anybody know how to correct that Thank you

I think I have read that Black has died, I may be wrong.

Must of been recent:D

We corresponded via email and U.S. mail end of October

One of Pat's photos

attachment.php

Well can somebody tell me in detail how to get rid of the blurr on photobuckets pictures, Most all are blurred on my desktop and i have windows 10 John. They didnt upgrade any thing on my computer. i am not very knowledgeable on how to do a lot of the shall we say more clever stuff on the computer. I could sure use the help. Thank you all, Clyde

Well can somebody tell me in detail how to get rid of the blurr on photobuckets pictures, Most all are blurred on my desktop and i have windows 10 John. They didnt upgrade any thing on my computer. i am not very knowledgeable on how to do a lot of the shall we say more clever stuff on the computer. I could sure use the help. Thank you all, Clyde

I won't go NEAR Photof***it, but..

AFAIK the blur is applied BY them to the image at point of transfer.

Something to do with either the uploader not paying enough to make their photos publish "free" to all-comers, and/or the seeker/downloader not being part of their revenue stream.

All that is probably published.

PM members have made significant effort to back-fill the damaged ones by re-uploading from their own archives - this go for storage directly on the PM server(s) so they can no longer be held for ransom by Photof***it.

Folks realize that Photof***it has to eat, too. Charging a fee is not, by itself, the issue.

The rancor is that they did the dirty on OLD storage with an after-the-fact change to terms, rather than on only NEW storage, going forward from an announced date.

Time has passed. Some of the original contributors have as well. Some of our more valuable contributions went away with their passing.

When PB originally blocked the images there were a couple of add-ons that would allow you to get around that. Now that they are blurring the images I do not think there is a fix. You can click on the image, go to PB site (half-image clear) and then right-click around and see the whole image. I forget exactly what to click on but it should be hard to figure out.

There is a script available that the forum manager could run that, in theory, will retrieve all the PB images and store them on the site's server. See page 11 and 12 here. phpBB • Images Hijacked by Photobucket? - Page 12

Here is a screen shot just now of Patrick's opening post - to show how well the add-on works for me

Attachments

• Screen Shot 24 Nov 2019.jpg
    Screen Shot 24 Nov 2019.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 99
Thank you all for your responses. It helps me understand that at least it wasn't necessarily my system. I will try and see if I can either use RCPDesigns suggestion or what Johnoder suggested. I did go to the link that John put in and i believe mechanicman commented about mozilla.org and forefox and then go to add ons. John can you explain exactly what to do to see if this will work for me. For some reason there is a disconnect in my brain, LOL, how this all works. Again thank you ALL for your responses and A very Happy Thanksgiving to all, Clyde

See post #5 here and I did that - no worky - until Win 10 updated itself some days later - at which time, and so far - it is working great.

Web browser is the very latest "issue" of FireFox - which updates frequently

On my PC screen, I click on the menu (three horizontal bars extreme upper right corner) and I get a list - one line of which says ADD ONS. In that I did a search for PHOTOBUCKET

Probably need to do a restart after adding the add on

Photobucket at it again, going to blur photo 6/1

This is just my desktop PC, no other "devices" in use

John can you explain exactly what to do to see if this will work for me. For some reason there is a disconnect in my brain, LOL, how this all works. Again thank you ALL for your responses and A very Happy Thanksgiving to all, Clyde

Last edited:
johnoder,

Thanks for the add-ons regarding Firefox. I have Win XP and using Firefox 52.9.0 (no longer updating because XP is out of date).
I did the search for the PB add-on and it worked without a restart of Firefox. Thanks!

Hendey 14 by 6 Tie-Bar Rehab
All photos are crystal clear.
Regards, John

John went to mozilla.org found firefox addons located the photobucket addon and clicked on it and nothing has happened yet. if it doesn't work i will keep trying. maybe i'm doing something wrong, hope not thanks again Clyde

I must be doing something wrong tried to download it twice and no luck. Does it take a little while for it to work?

I must be doing something wrong tried to download it twice and no luck. Does it take a little while for it to work?

and nothing has happened yet

Did you do a restart? Sure can't hurt - and might help

Have to say it. Sometimes the least aggravating way to get results is find a sharp person of the IT type to sit down with you and get educated for what you want to do - even if you have to fork over some greenbacks.

I know the wife and I are often providing each other the little extra how-to on our two entirely different Win 10 set ups

I did not go to Mozilla.org. Instead clicked on the three horizontal bars upper right corner of the screen.
That opens a drop-down window that shows a bunch of icons one of which is "Add-ons". Click that and a new window opens.
That window has a phrase "Personalize your Firefox" and a clickable blue box that says "Find more add-ons".
Click that and a new window opens called Fire-Browser ADD-ONS.
Look to the right and there is a white space with the words "Find add-ons"
Type in to the space Photo Bucket and 'enter'.
A new page titled "photo bucket embed fix" opens..........this is what you want!

Hope this helps, John

Greetings, To John O. John H and to all that responded to my help request. After a day and a half and successfully downloading firefox and photobucket embed it wont work on my system. We have windows 10 and I called tech. support and they said it will work on the older systems, ie xp win. 7 but not win. 10 I have to redirect out of windows 10 not sure i want to do that.
What is confusing to me John O. is that u have windows 10 and it worked for you. I have 1 other place to try tomorrow after that maybe i can figure out if our windows 10 has been upgraded. I've spent a day and a half on this with no success yet. I'm not a give up sort of guy. I'm sure there is a way.
PS The pictures I mostly wanted from Pat's thread are the ones related to the work on his spindle on the head stock. I've taken John O's advice and read many threads on the Hendey spindle and its adjustment and printed much info. I'm getting ready to tackle my Hendey and i was looking forward to his pics. From what I've been able to see Pat has done a beautiful job on his lathe. I can only hope mine will look half as good. Once again a Happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe in your travels, Clyde

Back