What's new
What's new

Hendey No.2 and No.2E General Purpose Lathe Parts for sale

hendeyman

Stainless
I am reducing my inventory of New Old Stock Repair Parts for the No.2 and No.2E General Purpose lathes. To make ordering parts a bit
easier, I will list the parts in groups originated by the Barber Colman Company. If you are interested in buying any parts in a particular group, email me and I will send you a list of the parts in that group, the number that are in stock and the price for each part based on the 1987 Price List ( the last price list issued). I give a discount for quantity purchases. Here are the groupings:

BHLA - Headstock Assembly
BHLB - Cone Gear Box
BHLE - Bed
BHLf - Carriage
BHLG - Apron
BHLH - Tailstock
BHLJ - Center Rest
BHLM - Draw In Attachment
BHLO - Follow Rest
BHLQ - Taper Attachment

Keep in mind that the number of parts remaining in some groups is extremely limited.

Hendeyman

Bump and a question. Answer here or by email as you wish.

I have a 2E tucked away with a worn bed. Does the BHLE group contain actual NOS beds?

Scott

svs:

The BHLE group contains only parts that were attached to the Bed. About four years, I had a 2E bed in really good shape that was sold
to one of the members of this Forum. There are still three brand new Beds in storage for the 16 inch lathes, one is for the 42 lathes
and two are for the 54 inch lathes. The Patterns for most of the large Castings in each group were destroyed by Barber Colman sometime
after 1962. The only reason that the 16 inch Beds have survived is that they were made in 1981 by Aable Machine Tool as an attempt to
bring back the 16 inch lathes designed by Barber Colman. These Beds were sent to Mattison for grinding and then returned to Aable and
put in storage. As far as I know the Patterns and Core Boxes for these Beds are still in storage and are massive enough that they had
to be moved around using a fork lift truck.

Hendeyman

Thanks for the reply.....Dilemma avoided.

While obtaining a new bed would be pretty cool, I’d been wrestling with cost/benefit compared to grinding mine etc.

Scott

Back