What's new
What's new

Hendy lathe questions

josh

Plastic
Hi every body, I've been lurking here for some time now and really like your fourum. Anyway, I have a older belt driven Hendey lathe that I am thinking of selling mabe soon. And I was wondering if any body knows mutch about Hendey lathes here or about the average price that the older lathes are selling for? I know someone would need more information than that to come up with a somewhat good estimate of its value without seeing it but I just wanted to see what people would think first. Sory, I really hate haveing to ask what the going price of the lathe might be because I really hate paying "higher" prices myself (I'm pretty cheap
smile.gif
) but am short on cash and want to get a nicer smaller lathe after I sell this one
thanks,

The big older lathes have a limited market, but condition and tooling have a lot to do with what they are worth. I bought a 16 x 8' gear head Hendey for a hundred bucks last year, I admit I think I got a deal but I haven't seen any of these lathes bring what a good small Logan or South Bend will bring. The nice thing about these larger older lathes is the ridgity that they have and the amount of real work you can get done in a short time.

Wow, and I thought I got a good deal on that lathe 14"x about30" I payed I think 250 for it and was at least wanting to get what I have in it, but I kind of wanted to make some money on it to buy a nicer one. Hope I can get that out of it at least.
thanks,

Back